Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jujubees Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Dec 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
    Are there any high speed internet carries under $15 with wifi too
    I am separating from my husband in the spring (he has no idea)

And I will have to pay for internet with wifi
    I see frontier has some good prices but I need something I can afford that is under $15 (I wish it was around $10 lol)

I highly doubt there is anything I can afford. I am hoping it includes wifi because my daughter has a laptop and iPod touch and have a laptop too.

Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2011, 11:43 AM
    You have to call your local providers... but for $15 a month... don't expect much for speed if you can find anything at all. At that price... you are likely talking dial up with a modem and not broadband.

Dec 15, 2011, 07:28 PM
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2011, 08:02 PM
    First wifi is what you add with a router that you plug your internet into. They cost about 30 to 50 dollars at most stores. ** can be a lot more but basic works nice.

At least in my area you can get comcast for 15 dollars a month for the first 6 months and ATT costs about 20 dollars a month, that is about the cheapest high speed you will find. Also this is in Atlanta, a large city, in many small cities, they only have one server and in some rural areas there is not even choices for high speed.

Dec 16, 2011, 03:23 AM
    I did some investigating and see frontier isn't too badly priced around here either

Jul 8, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    First wifi is what you add with a router that you plug your internet into. They cost about 30 to 50 dollars at most stores. ** can be a lot more but basic works nice.

At least in my area you can get comcast for 15 dollars a month for the first 6 months and ATT costs about 20 dollars a month, that is about the cheapest high speed you will find. Also this is in Atlanta, a large city, in many small cities, they only have one server and in some rural areas there is not even choices for high speed.

Thanks a lot! I told my friend and decided to go buy a wifi router! That way when I am traveling and my daughter is home I can have it set up for my daughter and will just pay for wifi only
    You are super, Fr_Chuck!!
    peet caliman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
    As your devices are all portable, try a public library if need be. Many libraries in the USA have free WiFi, they do in my small town. If you are moving soon, look into moving next to a library that has free WiFi... Beyond that, right now we pay $20 per month for broadband from Cox cable through a special offer that's good for 1 year. Four of us split that, so $5 is nothing that way. If we can't get that deal after the year is up, it's back to the library for us, it's just a bicycle ride away, exercise is good..

Jul 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peet caliman View Post
    As your devices are all portable, try a public library if need be. Many libraries in the USA have free WiFi, they do in my small town. If you are moving soon, look into moving next to a library that has free WiFi... Beyond that, right now we pay $20 per month for broadband from Cox cable through a special offer that's good for 1 year. Four of us split that, so $5 is nothing that way. If we can't get that deal after the year is up, it's back to the library for us, it's just a bicycle ride away, exercise is good..
    I want it for my home. Thanks anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dsl is not available in my area how can I access high speed internet? [ 2 Answers ]

Dsl nor cable internet is available in my area, how can I access faster internet with my desktop computer?

Connect Two High Speed Internet [ 12 Answers ]

I have a net4 broadband connection. They give it through lan. They have no modem. Only we have to login on the online inventum page before we connect to internet. They give static ip to lan connection. Now I have 384kbps speed at this time. I want to get 512 kbps speed also for better speed. As...

High speed internet [ 8 Answers ]

I have a PC hooked up to fios high speed router upstairs.My husband hooked up a belkin device to his USB to get a signal for his PC downstairs.He cannot get a connection.Any ideas? He has windows 2000

High speed internet [ 11 Answers ]

I am pondering what kind of high speed internet to get for my computer. I am currently working with a dial up connection and would like to know what kind of high speed hook up I can use to my advantage. I am primarily using the connection for downloading music off Limewire. Love my music so give...

View more questions Search