Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Auntsheel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Heat pump/inside unit will not shut off
    I have a heat pump system,and for the past few days I've noticed it will not shut off when it reaches the desired temperature. I have a Honeywell RTH3100C non-programmable digital thermostat, which we've had for about two years, and everything was fine until now. If the thermostat is set to 72, and the inside temp reaches 72, it won't shut off unless I bump it down to 70 degrees. But then it kicks on later at 70, and does the same thing... won't kick off unless I bump it down a few more degrees. Right now the thermostat is set at 70, and the room temp says 72. I set the thermostat to 71, and the heat kicked on, even though the thermostat says it's 72 inside. What's going on? Help!

Check out some similar questions!

Outside unit of heat pump will not shut off? [ 1 Answers ]

The other day the weather finally cooled down from low 90's.I turned off the a/c using the thermostat, The outside heat pump continued to run. On the inside thermostat I turned it to off the furnace shut off but the outside unit continued to run, the only remedy at this time is to shut off the heat...

Is there a defrost relay on the inside unit of a rheem heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a defrost relay on the inside unit of a rheem heat pump

Can I connect new outside unit to older inside unit for a heat pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a heatpump system. The outside unit is very old and is different manufacturer than the newer (9yr old) inside unit. Outside unit has gone bad. Can I connect a new TRANE Outside unit with SEER of 13 to my 9 year old TRANE inside unit with SEER of 10 which still seems to be working...

Inside unit won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

My ac unit sometimes goes off outside but stays running inside . I have to throw the breaker to make it go off . Is it my thermostat or something else ?

Heat pump condensing unit will not shut off [ 4 Answers ]

My heat pump condensing unit has been running for several hours now without shutting off. It is blowing out cool air. When I turn unit off manually and turn back on, you can feel the heat for a few minutes and then it goes back to cool. Please help...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.