Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Motshidisi Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2011, 05:31 AM
    I'm still in love with a guy I haven't seen in 3 years, is it normal?
    Greetings all

I am still in love with a guy I met 3 years ago, it's been long since I saw him but I think about him everyday, we had this strong connection, we just sparked nut failed to talk and it was love at first sight, that momment was just so sweet but I don't know if this is normal. Please help me what must I do? Are there chances that we will meet? I had the time of my life, is it because he was my first? I'm really struggling to get over him.
    luluu Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Wow! 3 years? I would say it's unusual but not abnormal. How old are you? Because that may be a factor. I think this is more likely to happen if you are younger. Don't waste your time and your life for someone you haven't seen or spoken to in years. If you have a way of getting in touch you could try that and see if he feel the same way. If not then stop this now! Maybe you are a little scared of having a real relationship?
    Rkanovac77 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 02:28 PM
    It is normal. The love can be very strong with some people... especially with people of your age.
    Chance to meet him? Yes if you have contact now... if you don't, then you can work to make a contact. For more help, more details needed.
    Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Considering what you have gone thru/and going through with the latest guy, its normal to think of a happier time in your life, because almost anything is better than what you have now.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...do-617368.html

Be warned though that this flash from the past isn't realistic, just a bright spot to make you feel better now.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2011, 05:12 PM
    Its normal to think back, as long as you don't stay there.

Live for the now & the future. Re-create those happy feelings. In everything you do.

But don't wait around for your first love. I meet girls way older that still pine over that.

I run away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2011, 05:19 PM
    What happens is that when things are bad in one, we often just remember the good of another relationship and forget the other issues. You did not mention if you even dated or where with this person you were in "love" with.

But if you want to contact him, look him up, and give him a call,
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 06:36 AM
    A good way to try to measure this question, is, how is he affecting your life.

To feel love, is not the same thing as having love. Is it more that first impression, the first experience with him, the memories, etc.

You may always have a soft spot for him, much like a first love in high school, but as life goes on, as it has for you, three years of being in love with a memory, may be preventing you from enjoying new relationships, and when you do meet someone new, would he ever measure up?

Letting go of a relationship is one thing, letting go of the memory is another. It isn't any different really than a widower who marries again, but keeps all the pictures of his deceased wife up. The new wife is then living with two people. Even though the pictures are just memories.

It typically takes a year to really recover from a relationship, and for you, it has been three. And it wasn't really a relationship in the sense of a long term comittment.

Maybe some counselling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

I am 26 years divorce old lady with a kid of 7 years . But m in love with a guy who [ 9 Answers ]

I am 26 years divorce old lady with a kid of 7 years . But m in love with a guy who is married and that guy love me and but he love his wife a lot as well . I work for a BPO and I have a lot of mental stress of work, divorce case and my recent love . What should I do? I tried of not to be in...

Do you know any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? If so, how was it possible? Can a straight guy do so?

I love a guy whose 12 years older than me [ 22 Answers ]

I love someone who is 12 years older than me and I'm only 16. Legally we can't be together but we both love each other. I feel almost stupid when I ask him to wait for me but he means so much to me and I can't ever stop thinking about him and this has been going on for a while. What should I do?

View more questions Search