Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JungleCat Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Varathane natural oil finish clear #66
    I have made yellow cedar benches and covered them with 2 coats of varathane natural oil finish clear #66. They are for outdoor use should I leave it like this or coat it with some kind of other varathane
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 09:04 PM
    I would not put another finish over an oil finish. Oil finishes, particularly tung oil, form a slow drying clear finish, it just takes the oil a little longer to cure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a grant to finish my oil burner education and I am just out of prison [ 1 Answers ]

I need a grant to finish my oil burner education now that I am ouy of prison

Conversion of consumption of furnace oil and natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, If I need help with some conversions Oil Specs Density - 0.95 10,250 Kcal/Kg If I am consuming 750 kg/day of Oil how many Nm3/hr of Natural Gas would I need Nautral Gas - 8250 Kcal/Nm3

Convert from oil to natural gas? [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have oil heating my home and my furnace is aprox 7 years old. Due to the high cost of oil, I was looking into a natural gas conversion. I've been told that you can convert from oil to natural using the xexisting furnace. It is difficult for me "understand" how the conversion takes...

Natural gas more benign than coal or oil [ 1 Answers ]

It is commonly claimed that Natural gas use is better from a GreenHouse Gas perspective. Since oil, coal and gas all produce carbon dioxide when burnt, where is the scientific justification for this claim. My NET searches have been in vain.

It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find the name of the song and lyrics to the song that has the line... "It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top." It came from a show, possibly Barnum? Thanks David

View more questions Search