Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbcircuitrider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Daughter's graduation
    I am interested in knowing the appropriate amount for a father to spend on his daughter's college graduation present.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2007, 05:45 PM
    A nice dinner to a new Vet,

Appropriate is only a reference to your income and situation,

You could give her a house in the country, a new car and a job at your law firm if you are an attorney.

If you work at the factory and are deep in debt, you may take her to dinner and just let her know you are proud of her
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Paying for her college tuition is always a nice gift.

But I agree with Fr Chuck. Give her a gift that is WITHIN your means.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I correct my daughter's Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I recently reunited with my first love, and I wanted to have our daughter's birth certificate updated to include his name as the father. I didn't choose to have his name on the certificate due to my stubbornness, and now I would like to have it put on there and present it to him. Does anyone know...

Marriage before College graduation? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey there-- Here is my issue. I am 20 years old, my boyfriend is 21. We have been dating for 4 years, since high school, and now attend the same college. We'll both graduate in 2008 but have spoken seriously about marriage for 2 years. We're both Christians but have had premarital sex (we...

Graduation song for my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to remember a song (country I think) that was sung about 4-6 years ago. It was a female singer and it was about her daughter getting ready to go to college. Can't remember hardly any of the words, but seems like one line was about her daughter taking an old lamp with her. Gee,...

My daughter's boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is pregnant and her boyfriend, the father of her baby is controlling verbaly abusive. They broke up last night and I'm glad. Will they get back together? Will he be at the birth? Will she give the baby his last name? Will he go away out of her and the baby's life forever? I hope!

College graduation gift [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a standard $$$ amount to give your child when graduating from college?

View more questions Search