Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaveGroh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Noisy Water Pipes
    What is causing my pipes to suddenly make loud banging noises?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 10, 2007, 01:29 PM
    It depends. Do they make a noise when the water's shut off? Do they make a noise when you're draining the tub or shower? Please be specific. Regards, Yom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noisy pipes - hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

Recently a plumber replaced the flexible copper tubing on our hot water heater to solid copper piping, alongh with a potable water expansion tank. This tank is on the outlet side of the hot water pipe. Since this time, I hear continuous sound emanating from the hot water tank. Maybe expansion...

Noisy pipes follow up info and questions [ 1 Answers ]

Noise problem - The pump is partly resting on a vibration pad and wooden boards which are on top of a concrete pad. The concrete pad is outside and not attached to the unit. The pump noise is reasonable for about seven months. Then it becomes very loud for several months until the pump wears out...

Noisy pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Background: On demand hot water is pumped through twenty condo units. Also, each unit has a forced air hot water heating element. The outdoor pump is loud and wears out frequently. The noise and vibration travels up the pipe into the floor of the first unit. The pipes make a lot of noise in...

Kenmore 70 hot water noisy [ 1 Answers ]

I've a strange situation. When my Kenmore 70 (whirlpool I suspect model 110.267... ) uses any hot water (warm or hot) then there is a very slow water input and a very loud noise. Turn it to cool and the water pours in and no noise. The noise usually take a few seconds to kick in - rather high...

Noisy pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I turn on my water the water pipes make a loud noise. What could it be?

View more questions Search