Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curtis maddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Washer drain overflows
    Ok my problem is that my washer vent drain overflows. It is on an outer wall, it leads into a crawlspace where it joins the rest of the drainage systen for the house. No other drains back up and we are not obn septic here. Any ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 10, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis maddy
    Ok my problem is that my washer vent drain overflows. it is on an outer wall, it leads into a crawlspace where it joins the rest of the drainage systen for the house. no other drains back up and we are not obn septic here. any ideas?
    A few come to mind. We have had a lit of frozen pipe complaints. While drain lines seldom freeze it's a distinct possibility. If that's not the case the drain line needs to be snaked out. Good luck, Tom
    kabelguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis maddy
    Ok my problem is that my washer vent drain overflows. it is on an outer wall, it leads into a crawlspace where it joins the rest of the drainage systen for the house. no other drains back up and we are not obn septic here. any ideas?
    I am having the same issues. The current theory is the pipes are frozen. A sinlk that also leads to the same pipe has been stopped up for a week. Liquid plummer et al. have not been able ot unstop the sink, nor has the plunger worked. Now this washer drain is not outputting water. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag washer: drain pipe overflows during rinse cycle HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have a new Maytag washer. (top load). During the drain cycle I hear the water pumping out but then the water comes back and will overflow at the top of the pipe and on the floor. The old washer did not have this problem. We used a snake, draino etc etc. in the pipe. Sometimes it will NOT...

Washer moved now it overflows at the drain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just recently moved and installed a washer into a new location. I washed a load in the washer and the drain backed up. I had another washer in the same location, but didn't have any drain problems. Is it my washer, washer hose or maybe my drain is clogged?:confused:

Washer drain overflows [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My problem is that my washer drain overflows during drain down of washer water. It appears to be a 1 1/2" line and is shared with dishwasher and kitchen sink. There is a crawl space under laundry room and trap is located below floor in crawl space area. My drainage system feeds into a septic...

Washer Overflows [ 1 Answers ]

My washer drain is overflowing on rinse cycle, I have had the lines rotorooted out twice, they went in from the roof. There is a shower on the same drain and no water is backing up in the shower, so I am thinking that the flow is just too much for the drain to handle. I have also run a water hose...

Washer stand-up drain overflows [ 9 Answers ]

The stand up drain for my washing machine spills over the top while draining. The house is on a slab and we are on city sewage. I have had the p-trap replaced (2") and have had all of the vents snaked. If I pause the machine while draining, the water clears immediately so I don't think that there...

View more questions Search