Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevem319 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 02:05 PM
    Bypass Tankless coil in oil steam boiler
    I've read several different opinions on capping off the tankless coil. I don't want to run in series with the tankless on my smith series 8 boiler. Just bypass it with an electric water heater.
    We have extremely low electric rates

There is a 4007a Aquastat that the thermostat splices into then runs to a carlin 40200-02. I really don't understand about the aquastat the manual says it is low limit. But there is no high limit that I can see but I have 2 more boilers (3 family house) that uses the same setup. Do I set the temp at 140 or 190?

I do know most of the workings of the boiler just not the aquastat. Plus information on capping the coil. Not removing it. Thank you very much

Check out some similar questions!

Steam boiler is returning water via steam pipe rather than through condensate tank [ 0 Answers ]

I have a steam boiler heating system in my home. After steam is produced and goes to the radiators, it is condensating and returning to the boiler via the steam pipe rather than the pipe leading to the condensate tank. It is a two pipe system. The boiler overfills after each cycle and I have to...

Is my hobart 600 a steam boiler or a hot water boiler. There is no circulator pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Hobart 600 automatic gas fired furnace. The first thing is I cannot see a circulater pump or a air tank. I can not tell if it is steam or hot water. When I go to fill the system with water, the system fills and then the water continues to flow out to the drain pipe.

Oil Boiler Continuously Cycling On/OFF & Not Pushing Steam=NO HEAT! [ 2 Answers ]

I have an oil fired steam boiler system and my household hot water is also heated via heating coils within the boiler. When the thermostat calls for heat, I can hear the relay send a control signal to the boiler, however the boiler seems to be cycling on/off intermittantly, thus not creating...

Electric water heater or tankless coil? [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a home that had an electric water heater, Which every 6 weeks has to be shocked with bleach to get rid of awful smell, I guess due to the well water and reaction to anode rod? Well My boiler has a coil in it, I was wondering do you think it would be cost effective to pipe the coil in. I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.