Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zaffirezj7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 02:31 AM
    Real estate
    "I have invoiced rent for the month of October for a tenant in qb online, then the tenant did not pay for the month of October and leave the premises. He had security deposit from the beginning and I want to offset the security deposit in his rent for October. I have entered debit A/R and credit Rent Income and debit A/R credit Security Deposit upon invoicing of rent and security deposit on October 1. When the tenant paid the security deposit, I entered Cash in bank and credit A/R. When the tenant leave the premises, I entered debit Security Deposit and credit A/R to zero out the Security deposit and A/R. But I am wondering, when I offset the security deposit and A/R, why is it there is still a balance in the A/R account in balance sheet? But in the tenant's ledger there is no more balances. I hope my query be given an answer. Thanks."

Check out some similar questions!

What is the fee involved for suing for breach of real estate of real estate contract [ 1 Answers ]

What is the approximate fee involved for suing the buyer for breach of contract for a real estate deal?

Real estate [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me is this true about tax properties that you can buy them for 100.00 or 300.00 what steps are taken in order to do this.

Real estate [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out about getting property by paying back taxes?

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.