Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justaflocker Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Can you apply christmas tree flocking with a paint sprayer
    I am wanting to order some flocking for my tree this year, I have made homemade flocking using various mixtures but the application with paint brush, or dabbing it on is very time consuming. Most of the equipment I see online is similar to a paint or pump sprayer. What do you think? Anyone tried this?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 25, 2011, 11:48 AM
    My ACE carries a spray can of flock, many Christmas stores do too. Amazon.com: Chase Snow Blower Aerosol Spray - 16 Ounces: Arts, Crafts & Sewing you can also get it from Amazon

Nov 25, 2011, 09:34 PM
    Yes, I am aware of the aerosol cans but am asking about application of flocking I have already purchased. It has the consistency I am looking for. I use the canister type for small hall trees or garlands etc. Have used the aerosol canisters on an 8 foot tree and it took more than 30 cans, and it did not hold up on the live tree as well as it does temporarily on the artificial greenery.

Does someone at "your" ACE have knowledge of paint sprayers and various materials you can apply with them? I have a misting hose to use in concert with the sprayer to get the puffing up of the flock. Just wasn't sure about the cellulose material going through the sprayer. I may just try it and post my results.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 06:00 PM
    There is my little Christmas present to you, a nice greenie plus mark on your record, unlike what you just did to me. I was trying to give you an alterative method since you can't seem to apply what you made.

Nov 28, 2011, 06:24 PM
    I appreciate your response, I should have been more specific in my quest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When should I buy a Christmas tree? [ 7 Answers ]

I didn't know whether to put this in "Holidays" or here... but I chose here because I want accurate advice on the life of the tree... so I thought maybe I would get more answers here. So this is our FIRST year getting a real Christmas tree. I never had one growing up, and I always just did what...

Prelit Christmas Tree [ 3 Answers ]

If I buy a pre-lit tree, will all the lights go out if only one is bad? How will I know which one is bad? How can I replace the bad bulb?

Christmas Tree Ideas [ 4 Answers ]

Hello... I'm buying a black christmas tree with clear lights and I'm looking for some ideas on how to decorate it. Hopefully nothing that costs too much. I was thinking of taking old christmas cards and cutting them into nice shapes and then putting some glitter on them and tying them to the...

View more questions Search