Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gramsam55 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Lump on my head
    I am having the same kind of lump that (simioney posted on oct.25,2006)
    The only difference is that last week a lump about the size of a penny suddenly appeared on the left side of the lower back of my head and tonight I just discovered that now left side is gone and now the lump is on my lower right side of the back of my head,it is hard,cant move it by touch, and it doesn't hurt until I touch it and then it is a little painful,can anyone tell me what this is,is it a swollen lymph node ,I don't have a regular dr. and do I need to go see someone about this lump?? help please.
    horsecrazygal22 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
    You should go see a doctor; it could be a tumor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 05:18 AM
    While I seriously doubt it is a tumor, it does indeed sound like it could be a swollen lymph node. Have you been ill lately? Even a little cold?

Feb 9, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Yes , J_9 I had a cold/flu simtoms about a week ago before the lump showed up, I have been also having real bad headaches too,and I never get head aches. Thanks for the help
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 07:27 AM
    This sounds like nothing more than swollen lymph nodes. However, since you are having headaches, you should get it checked out. It could by symptomatic of the flu, but to be sure you should see a doctor. You can go to a local health clinic if you don't have a doctor.

Feb 9, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Thank you J_9 for the help, we have a clinic here and will go there this morning as soon as they open,thank you again.greatly appreciated.
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Please let me know what you find out.

Hope everything goes well, and have a beautiful day!!

Feb 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Hello J_9,
    I went to the clinic and they said it is swollen lymph nodes from fever/cold, but I'm scheduled to see a reg dr. next week for a follow up, thank you so much for all your help,I appreciated it greatly thanks again. Sandi
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Oh, good news!!

I am glad you went. Everything should be fine in due time!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on back of baby's head [ 13 Answers ]

My daughter is almost 10 months old. She has a cold--stuffy nose, slight cough.. etc.etc. your basic stuff. I noticed that she has a lump on the back of her head. Smack in the middle, just above the neck (but on the head not neck) smaller than the size of a pea. It feels like a swollen lymph node,...

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Lump on baby's head [ 1 Answers ]

My 5 month old baby has (over the last week or so) developed a solid lump on the top of his head. It is directly behind his soft spot and couldn't be more central. A doctor friend advised when the lump was a lot smaller that it was either the skull coming together and doing it's thing or a cyst....

Lump on my head [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago, I found a lump on the right side of my head on the top of my skull. Its not even with the other side of my head because there's no other lump on the other side. It doesn't hurt when I put pressure on it. Its just hard. I don't get headaches or feel any other kind of pain. ...

Lump on back of head [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 years old. Recently, lots of my lymph nodes have swollen up. This was about a week ago. Now, a lump has appeared, as if from nowhere on the back of my head. The lump is hard and non-moveable. It is not painful if left alone but when pressure is applied it can be felt. Is this connected to...

View more questions Search