Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angela_ajame Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 04:05 PM
    Maytag dryer motor squeaks
    My dryer was making a terrible squealing screaming noise.
    When I disassembled the Maytag Model LDE7304ACE dryer and took off the front blower wheel and belt, I was able to turn the motor by hand. It wants to squeak intermittently. Can I lubricate the bearings (and how) or what can I do from here? Is my only option to replace the motor?
    suprazboy Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2011, 05:10 PM
    Sounds like the bearings in it are dead. Cost about... 100 bucks to replace for our dryer... new zealand dollars that is.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2011, 06:37 AM
    You can pull the bearings and replace them for about $20.00 US. When you replace them get a better grade of high-temp bearings and get the ones made in the USA or Germany. Make sure to clean the dryer out well and grease all bearings with lithium grease. I would also replace the belt and remove all air handling parts and clean them well, including the housing for the elements. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Maytag dryer squeaks! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I would like to know how to stop my Maytag dryer (model no. DE303) from squeaking? At first it just squeaked a little, but now it squeaks constantly, and the noise is getting louder. Can someone PLEASE help? Thanks much! Anita

Maytag dryer motor or bearing lube needed? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mid 80s maytag dryer, very low usage, with those single center knob controls. From previous questions and answers I have sen on a related issue, I have determined the motor is the problem, this is why: when you try and start it , the motor groans but does not start, if you keep pushing...

Maytag Dryer squeaks loudly [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older (10+ years) Maytag dryer (model number LDE8200ACE) and had it serviced in the past 6 months. Since then it has begun to squeak, loudly. At first it would squeak right away but stop soon after. Over time it squeaked more and more, and now it squeaks, to varying volumes, the...

Whirlpool Dryer Squeaks. Is it the motor? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so my Whirlpool dryer started to squeak a few days back. I tore the thing apart this evening. I WD40ed the rollers in the back. Didn't help. So I unhooked the belt that connects the drum to the motor to see if the motor was making the sound. I turned the thing on - still squeaking. I have...

View more questions Search