Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kguevara Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Can a divorce be finalized without both signatures?
    Can a divorce be finalized with the filling date of 3 years ago?

Nov 16, 2011, 08:27 PM
    Divorce trouble
    Can a divorce be finalized with its original filed date of 3 years ago?

Nov 16, 2011, 08:31 PM
    Divorce dispute
    My husband and I got married 5 months ago. Recently he went to get a copy of his divorce of the previous marriage. It came out that his divorce was not finalized because his previous wife forgot to sign a paper. My question is can the divorce be finalized with its original date of the petition of 3 years ago, so our marriage could be legal?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2011, 08:36 PM
    First, please stop creating new threads, Just use the answer box to add to this thread.

We really can't answer you without knowing where you are. But I would strongly advise getting a local lawyer to help you with this.

Nov 16, 2011, 08:46 PM
    We live in los angeles, ca
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 08:52 PM
    It is doubtful since the divorce never happened, He will need to petition the court to approve it as of its old date and his ex would have to testify that she forgot to do it.

But honestly my guess is, no, it will not be "back dated" and they need to file it now and get a divorce. You are at this time not legally married, since there is no final divorce.

So he needs to clear this up and I would believe you will need to get married all over again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a divorced man dispute paterntiy after the divorce is finalized? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a divorced man dispute paterntiy of a child that's listed on the complaint four years after the divorce, though he knew this child was not his biological child? Here is the back story: a woman has an affair and is also having relations with her husband, whom she tells the person that she is...

If an order has not yet been finalized. [ 7 Answers ]

Can I go back to ask for back child support. It was not brought up in our hearing. The hearing was lengthing and ugly so it was not mentioned and I sort of forgot.

Dating before divorce is finalized [ 4 Answers ]

I live in GA (a no-fault state) and have filed for divorce. My stbx has replied, not contesting the divorce but contesting the settlement. He wants me to pay off some of his credit card debt (I'm not on his account, never was). Once I first told him I wanted a divorce, he began telling me he...

Is it possible for a divorce proceeding to never be finalized? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm wondering if it's possible that a divorce proceeding may never be finalized if one or the other spouse decide not to sign final papers? Could it stay in limbo for an indefinite amount of time.. or years.. or forever? I'm thinking one spouse may have decided NOT to go through with the divorce,...

View more questions Search