Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennifertharpe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Probation sentences for non contact and new charges related to probation
    If someone is on high max intense probation for aggravated assault,two criminal damage charges,terroristic threats and a possession charge an they get violated for no contact an somebody puts a simple assault warrant out on them what could be the out come of this situation if these are the first violations of the original probation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2011, 12:04 PM
    They could go back to Court and serve the term they would have received if probation had not been granted, they could be warned, they could have time added on.

Only the Judge knows at this point.

Nov 15, 2011, 12:17 PM
    What if I'm being accused of a crime but not found guilty and is being extorted by the so called victim and have proof of it?and if I don't have an address due to being evicted and I'm laying from pilar to post can my probation officer violate me for no contact if I've talked to him on the phone?
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2011, 12:30 PM
    Where is this happening, what State?

If you were to have no contact and you did have contact, even by telephone, you've violated.

If you are being extorted and can prove it, go to the Police with your proof. Extortion is a crime.

Are there any details you are comfortable sharing that make a difference?

Nov 15, 2011, 12:38 PM
    I notified my probation officer about me being evicted and he told me to notify him of my new address when I got one but I wasn't able to move to my own place and I've been sleeping at different friends house and he called me on the first or second of this month and I called him bak and he said he was violating me for no contact with him in regards to my new address but like I said I don't have a new address.this is my first violation
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2011, 12:45 PM
    This is the first time I've EVER seen anyone who had a legitimate and logical explanation for a violation! I think you report as he requested and explain the situation in exactly the same words you used here. It's understandable. I doubt he'd want to hear where you are on a daily basis as you moved from place to place.

I think you'll be okay - but I'm neither the PO or the Judge, of course, but you have a very legitimate problem.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On Unsupervised probation and got new charges what do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I have three years over my head for breaking and enteringless than a month ago. I got 27 days time served and 3 years unsupervised probation. I have no p.o. to report to. I just went do down to a university and got put in cuff waiting for a bus for public intoxication possession of alch and...

Would I get drug tests performed when I'm on probation for non-drug related charges? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm will be on probation for 6 months, I am getting charged with a gross misdemeter for tampering with a vehicle and a gross misdemeter for possession of stolen property. How often would I get tested? How soon after I get put on probation will I get tested? Will I even get tested for those charges?

Sentences For A probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced to 3 years probation and reported to his PO the whole time he was ask to, 6 months before his probation was up he was assigned to do the mail in report where he had to send a letter reporting everything like if he was doing drugs and if he kept employment and stuff like...

What does violation of probation with new charges mean? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was convicted of Grand larceny in the 3rd degree which is a class D felony 2 years ago, he was sentenced to, 5 years probation because we got a good lawyer. He has done well on probation. Yesterday he was arrested again for another Grand Larceny in the 3rd degree, another class D felony,...

View more questions Search