Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rukus Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Dark eyes
    Hi there!

First of all I'm a guy and this is very unlike me to be concerned but a lot of people have commented on the darkness under my eyes and recently I have honestly been getting increasingly stressed!

I just want to know weather anyone could suggest anything for me as I am desperate to tackle this problem? I obviously cannot apply make-up and I recently purchased some kind of special sirrum for the under eye area but I cannot notice any difference!

Are there any products that anyone would recommend, taking in to consideration that I am a male?

Is there any natural things I can use or do and why do they work?

Are their any foods that may help or anything I can do personally to get rid of the darkness?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated as I am a bit naïve and inexperienced to the whole "beauty" thing!

THANK YOU!:D :D :D
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Hi Rukus,

Yes, I would defintely see a doctor first to see if there is a physical cause. Like Popitto said, it could just be genetics as well.

I am very fair, but suffer with allergies and asthma (although my asthma is better since I stopped smoking :):) Anyway, I noticed when my allergies flared up, under my eyes would get dark. I never made the connection until I read about it.
    Surely can't hurt to see if there is an underlining cause.

Good luck!!
    sono Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Hey u can try these they will work..! thses r some home remedy.1.Cucumber is very beneficial in reducing dark circles due to its cooling effects. Cut thin slices of cucumber and place them directly over the eyes. Keep them for about fifteen minutes. Do this every night before going to bed. It will give a restful sleep and will reduce the dark circles in the morning. Cucumber slices are very beneficial when the dark circles are caused due to stress.

2. Another simple method is to dip cotton pieces in water and place them over the eye. Here water is the treating agent. Its coolness soothes the eyes. A better effect can be achieved by using rose water instead of simple water.

3. The peel of a potato can also be placed on the eye. Do this every night before going to sleep. Since potato peels can attach better to the eyelids, this method is preferable over cucumber slices.

4. Almond oil massage is beneficial in case you are suffering from dark circles. Ideally, the massage must be done at night time, and the eyes must not be opened after that until morning. So, this must be done when going to bed.

5. Prepare a paste of nutmeg in milk. Apply this on and around the eyelids before going to bed.

6. You can even put used tea bags around the eyes to get good results. The alkaloids in the tea help to renew the skin around the eyes.

The most important thing to remember is that you must not stress your eyes too much. This is a sure way of getting dark circles. Even when you are working throughout the day, take some time out (even ten minutes will do) to wash your eyes with cool water and then keep them shut. Do not think about any stressful thoughts when your eyes are shut. Divert your mind in thinking about beautiful things in nature. When you open your eyes after the ten minutes are over, you will feel as refreshed as though you have had a siesta
    Thanks.
    rukus Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Thank you so much for your help Sono though may I ask one thing?

Am I to do all the things listed or will this be a little too much?

If so what particular methods that you have listed would you recommend I use from day to day?

Thanks again!:D
    sono Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 07:24 AM
    rukus you can try them one by one because they don't have anyside effects... u can do one thing onetip 2 weeks and the other one next time they wiil work good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark circles and puffinesses under the eyes [ 7 Answers ]

I am 16 and as I grow older I have realised that my under eyes are getting worse everyday. Now I can clearly see the purple veins under my eyes passing by. What I really need help at is: are there any creams you recommend me to use to get a clear certain solution for this problem:confused: please...

1.25 In Both Eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I Am -1.25 In Both Eyes. Any Idea On How To Reduce The No. Or Be 0.00 ?

Dark circles under the eyes [ 3 Answers ]

I have had dark circles under the for a long time now.I have tried using some products to remove.but its still not faded or gone.I love to wear black eye liners but I am unable to wear it cause of my dark circles,it makes my eye are looks muck darker if I ever wore it.so I had to use some other...

My eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had these but now I'm slightly worried. On my left eye ( on the left side ) and on my right eye ( on the right side ) I have a sort of yellow spot on either eye. Its not very noticeable until you look closely in the mirror. If I'm not mistaken my dad had them too. Im a smoker...

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search