Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Seeking case history
    I've been searching high and low for a readable case history of
    Lipsig v. Ramlawi, 760 So. 2d 170, 183 (Fla. 3d DCA 2000).

Can anyone help with a link or a summary.
    Thanks
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Here is your link to that case:

http://www.5dca.org/Opinions/Opin200...01-1693.op.pdf

And this one:

http://www.wfsu.org/gavel2gavel/briefs/00-565_ans.pdf
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Cheers for that mr yet, but that's the same sort of stuff I'm finding. Basically the application of that case law.
    I'm trying to find the case itself and see what went on.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like the entire opinion is available in a free venue. You would probably need access to Lexis/Nexis to read the entire case online. Your other option is to go to the closest courthouse and go into the law library. Hand the librarian a piece of paper with the case citation listed on it (exactly what you posted above) and they should be able to find it for you.
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Cheers Lisa, but I'm in the UK so that won't work.

Oh well cheers for trying guys.
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Oops! Sorry, I forgot about that. I don't have Lexis/Nexis or I'd be happy to send it to you. Try sending a PM to sideoutshu and see if he has access.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Law review in FL. Had this:

An attorney's statement to a third party that a partner had taken partnership money without authorization was liable for slander as he implied the partner had wrongfully taken the money although the attorney knew the partners had a long-standing practice of advancing money on behalf of the partnership and reimbursing themselves without any need for prior authorization. Lipsig v. Ramlawi, 760 So.2d 170 (Fla. 3d DCA 2000).
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 8, 2007, 07:19 AM
    I'm looking Ben, and I think I know my way around Florida legal sites but it initially appears that accessible records only go back five years.

I still have some digging to do though... and it seems all that is there is the opinions, not the actual cases unless you go through a paid service like Lisa mentioned. Hrrrrrmmmph!
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 10:12 AM
    The actual case is called an "opinion". But what we're seeing when we Google the case is where other opinions have cited this case. Getting the whole opinion is difficult without Lexis/Nexis unless someone has posted the entire opinion for some reason. I haven't found anything like that yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Am seeking [ 5 Answers ]

I gave up my son(Patrick) for adoption, 20yrs. Ago=his b-day is Feb.16,1987, Mercy Hospital, Urbana, ILL. can ANYBODY help me find him ? Sincerely, 'Patrick's' b-mom, ...

Seeking What is Best for All of Us [ 20 Answers ]

My 16 year old and her 7 month old daughter is living with me and my fiancé. She is going to evening school. The father of her baby died in a car accident while she was pregnant. That was last October 2005. She attends counseling once a week through the Counseling Institute of Texas. I know my...

UK F1- seeking help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to be on OPT soon and had the following Questions: 1) In ths US , as an international student do I pay the same taxes as the nationals do ? And if so am I taxed in the following manner: Federal Tax State Tax Local

View more questions Search