Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papabear94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 05:31 AM
    No Emergency Heat
    Hi, First timer here. During this very cold spell in Pa. my aux heat and emergency heat are not working. No worries though, I have been using Kero to heat the house. I have talked to many people and visited many sites to determine the problem. Voltage could be set wrong(been here for about 4 years and back up heat has never worked good), one of the relay stages could be bad and needs replaced. Any other ideas and how much do you think this will cost me? Need to fix soon, Kero is expensive!
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Feb 8, 2007, 08:43 AM
    You don't say what kind of heat you have? Electric hot water forced air combo. Gas ventless?
    papabear94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerguy
    You dont say what kind of heat you have? electric hot water forced air combo. gas ventless?
    Sry. I have electric heat with a heat pump outside. Couldn't really wait. Called CPI to come out. First guy replaced the # 1 sensor and back up heat kicked right on. After he left kickoff again. Later this night second guy came out and disconnected some sort of temp regulator on top off furnace unit. He said he didn't know what box was for... weird? Anyway bottom line is house is toasty now. Being from York I know you know what the weather is like, Carlisle here. Brrrr... thanks for replying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump - Emergency Heat [ 2 Answers ]

My heat pump keeps changing itself to the aux heat. Can you tell me why it is doing this and how I can prevent it from doing it.

Aux heat vs emergency heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have kenmore furnace/heatpump/air units. The thermostat has a switch for heat and one for emergency heat and both have light indicators. The aux heat indicator is lit when heating the house on "heat". When should the emergency heat setting be selected?

Emergency Heat vs Auxiliary Heat [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my thermostat saying the Emergency Heat is on rather than the auxiliary heat and what do I do to correct the problem?:confused:

Emergency Heat Light [ 1 Answers ]

My emergency heat light comes on much too often if its 40 outside the heat strips take over can you tell me why?

What to do. Emergency! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey.. Its this girls b-day and I fought with this girl because she is big headed and she said that she would date me if she doesn't like the guy anymore.. so she is lineing me up.. so basically I got in a fight with her.. so what shall I do now.. how can I get her. shall I be an asshole.. and its...

View more questions Search