Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roseabc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 07:45 AM
    Is an unsigned contract legally binding in canada?
    I sent an e-mail to a real estate firm saying that I wanted to make a bid on a property, I then received the documents. They worried me because they say that he is not helping us in any way and on schedule A there are a bunch of other things that concern me like if any money is owed out on this property we are responsible for it.
    I was not informed about this before he sent the e-mail?
    Are we legally binded to this contract by me sending an e-mail stating that we wanted to make an offer to purchase?
    I have not signed any papers yet?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2011, 08:02 AM
    No, you entered into NO agreement. You inquired into making an offer but, in fact, didn't complete the transaction.

For openers there is absolutely no meeting of the minds on the terms of a "contract."
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by roseabc View Post
    ... Are we legally binded to this contract by me sending an e-mail stating that we wanted to make an offer to purchase?
    I have not signed any papers yet?
    It is possible that a contract can be formed by the exchange of e-mails. However I agree with JudyKayTee in this case. It appears that the real estate firm understands there is no contract, or they wouldn't have sent you the contract to sign.

If you disagree with portions of their offered contract, feel free to make a counter-offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a verbal contract legally binding for buying a car Ohio? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I purchased a car from a friend of my fiancé. I was told by the owner of the car there was nothing major wrong with the car. She assured me she would pay me back if there was something wrong with it other than what she had told me. I was unable to test drive it do to me not feeling well,...

Unsigned Lease - is it a contract? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I am a swedish woman who moved to California, to an apartment, which I am charing with two other persons. The woman that leases the room for me had written a long lease before I moved here where it is written that I must stay until end may. Also it is written that I should warn here 3...

Unsigned or lost 5 lease for baseball fields binding? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello I am involved in a youth baseball program, 2 years ago the city commission voted to renew the lease for 5 years. That year the head of parks and rec and the baseball president apparently either ever signed or lost the copies. Both are gone and no longer at either position. So this year...

Unsigned lease, but verbal commitment - legally binding? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently leased a large commercial space in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but have not yet signed the lease. I have paid 2 months rent as a deposit, and was given 3 months rent free to do renovations. I am now in my first week of business, and things are very slow. What I need to know is, am I...

Is my lease still legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

As of June 1 2006, my 1 year lease was up and I was to continue my rental agreement with a month to month lease following he fullfilment of this one year lease. As of July 1 2006 the rental property was taken over by a new property owner. I never signed any lease agreement with this new owner...

View more questions Search