Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkgerhardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 07:37 AM
    Temp stays higher than thermostat -- radiant hydronic heating
    There are 6 thermostats (Honeywell T8400B1018) throughout the house.
    3 are in bedrooms we don't normally use.  I set those thermostats to
    55 degrees and close the bedroom doors.  In one bedroom, the
    Temperature drops to 55 -- good.

But the temperature in the other 2 rooms stays around 65-70 degrees,
    And the floor is obviously warm.  So it seems like heat is still
    Circulating.  I tried swapping thermostats between the 55 degree room
    And one of the 70 degree rooms, but no change.  I tried turning off
    The thermostats in the 70 degree rooms, but no change.  So I don't
    Think the thermostats are the problem.

Any thoughts on what would cause this behavior?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 11:28 AM
    The termostat controls a valve that allow warm water to circulate. Sounds like your valve is not closing. Do you have access to where the valves are mounted?
    pkgerhardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Yes, I do have access to the valves.

While I was checking that, I noticed something potentially interesting. There seems to be 1 "actuator" shared by 2 bedrooms, even though each bedroom has a separate thermostat. Does that mean that if either bedroom calls for heat, then both bedrooms will get it?

Thanks for your reply!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 04:03 PM
    I have never seen one connected like that and think it should not be so. If either room calls for heat then, yes, both would get heat. Each stat should be connected to but one actuator, no need for the quotes, you got the name correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal for house temp to be higher than what the thermostat is set on? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a new outside unit (one year old) and a new coil (brand spanking new) on my central air conditioning. We have had lots of troubles but things to be working okay for now. The only thing is, no matter what we set the thermostat on (usually around 75), the AC won't keep the house that cool. ...

Why won't my thermostat my central heating go higher and put out more heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat on my central heating unit is not putting out the heat. For example right now, It is 17 degrees outside. I put my thermostat up to 90, not to get it that hot of course, but to get the temperature to rise. It is only reading 59 degrees! Last night it went down to 40 degrees. The unit...

Pressure and hydronic radiant heat [ 2 Answers ]

From what I understand the pressure for hydronic radiant systems is about 12psi. What is the reason for this being so low? The pex pipe is rated much higher even at high temp. Does it have anything to do with the supply to the boiler? I have a tank less hot water heater system that is going...

Hydronic/Radiant Heat Problems [ 1 Answers ]

In the townhome I am renting the furnace is hooked up to the water heater & I have been told it is a hydronic or radiant heat system. I don't know anything about this type of system, but once the weather turned cold & I began using the furnace to heat the home, the water in my facets became...

Thermostat for Radiant water heating? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have two wires coming out of my wall, RED and BLACK. I have Wirsbo infloor heating, which is a radiant in floor water heating system. I have attempted to hook up a honeywell programmable thermostat, hooking up RED to Rh and BLACK to the W hookup, I believe. However when I...

View more questions Search