Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orphanedbysociety Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Sued in circuit court for credit card dept
    In Arkansas what is the worst they can do to us.The card is in my wife's name.Should she not answer the claim and loose by default.Can they garnish a VA pension check.Can they take our home.
    matrix231 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orphanedbysociety
    In Arkansas what is the worst they can do to us.The card is in my wifes name.Should she not answer the claim and loose by default.Can they garnish a VA pension check.Can they take our home.
    Sure they can because now there's a judgment against you.so its like saying I owe this mone but idont think the are allowed to take your va pension check its like taking ssi check
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 04:37 AM
    If you have joint account, you better change that now, anything joint or owned by her can and will be attached if they find it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am being sued by credit card co. [ 35 Answers ]

I am being sued (I guess) by Capitol One. I was served a notice 3 nights ago, to appear on March 1 at 1:30 pm, no court room, just the main address. It says it is a mediation/pretrial conference, but it is confusing. The debt they are listing is a valid debt, the amount is questionable. I through...

Being sued by credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania. I am being sued For a credit card in civil court. What can they take or do to me?

Sued by credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

What do I do when sued by credit card company?

Sued Credit Card Debt [ 11 Answers ]

Hey I received I guess you would call it a credit card judgement for a debt I owe of $1700. Plus $ 750.00 Attorney fee for them , I guess... I have a 4 yr old, 5 month old, pregnant again with #3, and unemployed. Just recently got laid off from my previous job of 8 yrs. My husband is the only...

View more questions Search