Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Speedy12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 07:32 PM
    I was caught selling alcohol to a minor outside a liquor store
    I was caught selling alcohol to a minor outside a liquor store, cause I was an idoit and was not thinking at all. The employee of the store caught me doing it, got my information and called the police, he then told me to leave. The police called my house a few hours later telling me that if I go to that liquor store again I can be arrested for trespassing. My question is will this be in my criminal database I'm worried that it may effect my chances of getting future jobs. Btw I live in Ontario, Canada if that matters.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Are you being charged with the crime? Did you get summons to appear?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 07:42 PM
    You were issued a criminal tresspass warning, from the information you gave us. If they merely warned you and did not arrest you.

They will do a report that stays in the local police data base but it will not show up on your background check

Nov 6, 2011, 07:48 PM
    ScottGem No I was not charged with a crime and did not get a summons to appear. The officer that called did not state that I was charged or will have to go to court, he just stated that I can get arrested if I go to that liquor store again.

Nov 6, 2011, 07:53 PM
    Fr_Chuck: Yeah it must have been a warning because I was not arrested, the employee told me to leave and I did not even speak face to face with the police. They just left me a voice message stating I could be arrested for trespassing if I go to that liquor store again.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 07:55 PM
    We often issued criminal trespass warnings when I was a police officer, Now to be honest what you did would have been an arrest but it is common to do this.

Nov 6, 2011, 08:02 PM
    Fr_Chuck: Thank you for the response. I have another question, I have been thinking about working in law enforcement either becoming a lawyer, police officer or potentially something else considering how broad law enforcement is. Will this severely impact my chances of doing a career in law enforcement, keep in mind this is the only thing I have done in life that has negatively put me in contact with the police.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 08:50 PM
    Not really, depending on the department, and the questions, they will ask you if you "ever" stole anything, "ever" used illegal drugs, and "ever" did any other crime you were not convicted of.

This is the time to come clear, since it almost always shows up when they do a polygraph.

I would make it more gave some? To someone underage.
    Since you don't want that store clerk, or that kid to have a thing to blackmail you about latter.

Nov 6, 2011, 09:00 PM
    So your saying that I should make sure to mention to the police when I go for my interview that I did this and got a warning. The police in Canada I want to apply to do not do polygraph tests. And as far as doing illegal drugs or stealing I have never done any of that. This is literally the only illegal thing I have done, and it was terribly stupid and I regret every minute of it.

If I do an interview with the police will they know ahead of time that I have got this warning and will they ask me about the incident during the interview?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2011, 03:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy12 View Post
    If I do an interview with the police will they know ahead of time that I have got this warning and will they ask me about the incident during the interview?
    There is really no way for us to know that. It's likely that a background check will be done before you get to the interview stage, but we can't guarantee it.

How old are you? If you are young enough, this may be passed off as a youthful indiscretion. Did you know the minor or were you just selling to strangers?

Nov 7, 2011, 09:40 AM
    I am 20 years old and yeah I knew the person I sold the alcohol to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling alcohol to a minor [ 1 Answers ]

So tonight at work I get a ticket for $500 dollars for selling alcohol to a minor. I live in SC and I'm just wondering what should I do? I've never been in trouble before and this was a total accident (looked at the kids idea and read 1983 but it said 1993). I assume I'll probably be getting...

What's a good name for a liquor store? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Experts I am buying a liquor store and I need your suggestions on its name. What should I keep the name of the store ?? Any comments or suggestions will be highly appreciated. Regards

What does it take to own a liquor store [ 2 Answers ]

Location will be in atlanta

Procedures to open a liquor store [ 1 Answers ]

What are the procedures to open a liquor store?

Want to open Liquor store [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know what the procedure to opening a liquor store would be. About getting the license how long it takes anything and everything... Can anyone please give me an insight on starting my own business and opening a liquor store... Thank you

View more questions Search