Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Colonnaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Reference my overflow pipe coming out of the back of the house is dripping
    Can you tell me if this is normal? Or, is this a problem of sorts? I checked the line in my basement and see no leakage. From the inside of the basement, the pipe is a part of the outside faucet. However, it doesn't seem to be from the water to the faucet since I closed that valve from the inside and that valve is below where the line goes out to the overflow pipe coming out of the house. Do I have a problem?
    Frank
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2011, 03:59 PM
    What overflow line? From the hot water heater TPV? If it is leaking from that line, it could be a bad TPV or too much water pressure due to a bad reducing valve. Please explain what the "overflow" line is connected to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out outside overflow pipe [ 10 Answers ]

I noticed a fairly steady drip of cool or cold water coming out of my outside overflow drain in the eve of my house. Also, there is quite a bit of water collected on the ground. It has been quite hot outside and my A/C has been running quite a bit so I am not sure I really have anything to worry...

Gas furnace coming on not blowing into house vent pipe getting hot [ 9 Answers ]

I just had a company replace my coil for the a/c, in doing so the flexible gas line for the furnace ended up with a pin hole in it. I replace the line today and now the burners for the furnace will come on, but nothing blows into the house. I felt the vent tube going to the roof and burned my...

Hydronic heating dripping water from overflow pipe [ 11 Answers ]

Thanks everyone for the help hooking up the circulator pumps: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/how-do-turn-heat-401723.html The boiler and the pumps are all working nicely. All zones work, and everything turns on and off as it should. But now that everything is working,...

Water is coming out of the overflow pipe [ 2 Answers ]

The overflow pipe which, I presume, comes out of a tank in the attic is letting water out intermitently. The pipe comes out from above my bedroom window, below the roof. What could be the cause of the problem ? Thanks in anticipation.

View more questions Search