Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily1994 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 11:53 AM
    consider the function f(x)=x^4 - 2x^2, when is the function above the x-axis?
    consider the function f(x)=x^4 - 2x^2, when is the function above the x-axis?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 7, 2011, 08:26 AM
    You can factor the equation and find its roots (i.e. values for x where f(x)=0). Then check some sample values for x that are between the roots, less than the lowest root, and greater than the highest root. This will give you a good idea how f(x) behaves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"ln" function [ 6 Answers ]

be f(x)=ln^2x-4^4x Defined for any Positive x. how many of the sentences are correct? 1)the sum of the sqrt Equation f(x)=0 is e+1 2) the Derivative are become zero in the point: x=1/sqrt"e" 3) limf(x)=Infinity when x-->0+ 4)f'(-1)=0 about 3 I think is not correct. But I need your help....

Function e^x [ 2 Answers ]

dear sir , I'm asking about the table of variation for function ( e^2x - 3.e^x +2) / ( e^2x + 3.e^x - 4 ) and I need the shape of graph representing this function

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

TV Out Function On [ 0 Answers ]

I've got a DVD drive and the PowerDVD 5.0 player and every time I try to watch a newer DVD, I get the error message "TV out function error", I look at the details and it says I can't play copyright protected DVD's with the TVout function enabled. The weird thing is, ALL my graphics adapters just...

View more questions Search