Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wesker425 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Getting an Expensive Phone
    Hi, I'm a 12-year old and I have wanted a phone ever since that HTC ThunderBolt came out. I want the new HTC Rezound on Verizon that should be coming out some time this month. It has awesome features, but it costs $300 (mostly because of the 1GB of RAM, dual-core 1.5GHz processor, Beats speakers and earphones, and its 4G LTE capability) on the contract and my parents think I'm too young to actually get that kind of phone and because it's WAY too expensive (plus this would be my first phone; And my birthday's coming up: November 23rd). So I was wondering how can I talk my parents into getting me the HTC Rezound without having to get a prepaid phone ('cause those phones are ***)?
    Dazzor Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 5, 2011, 07:26 AM
    You are growing up and you should tell them that you need to start taking
    Responsibility for your items and actions.
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Nov 5, 2011, 10:50 AM
    First of all, don't fight them. If you whine, complain, or fight with them about being allowed to have this phone (or if you complain to other people or your friends) they'll just get upset and become more convinced that you're not ready.

What you SHOULD do is prove to them that you can be responsible. If you have chores, do them when you should, how you should, without being asked. Help your little siblings with their chores or homework; keep your room clean, and put away anything you use, even if you didn't get it out. Focus on your schoolwork and keep your grades up. If you have pets, whether they're yours or your family's, do what you can to take care of them - even if it isn't your job. Take care of the things you DO have - computer, video games, CDs, DVDs, television, musical instruments, books, furniture - you name it. Keep them clean and treat them like you'd have to pay for any damage. (You know, the whole 'you break it, you buy it' thing.)

After several weeks, go to your parents. Without whining or complaining, politely and respectfully ask them about getting the phone. Point out how responsible you've been, and see if they think you're ready. If not, keep being responsible and respectful. You could offer to pay part or even all of the price, depending on if you have a way to make money. (Even if you don't get an allowance, you could babysit, watch pets, mow lawns, etc.) The key is to act like a responsible, mature, respectful adult; the more mature and responsible you ACT, the more mature and responsible your parents will believe you ARE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Less expensive drugs [ 2 Answers ]

I take OxyContin 60mg. The cost of it per month is just over $500. I have insurance now so it's not a concern, but soon I will not have insurance. Is there another drug equal to OxyContin that is cheaper? I have a consult with my doc on Wednesday but I just want to be prepared, as I don't know if...

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Solution but not expensive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Good day! My face has a lots of pimple scar I knew that you have a lots of remedy but I can't afford it do you have a solution but not expensive?

Is this too much of an expensive present [ 18 Answers ]

My boyfriends birthday is coming up next week.. he told me he wanted an mp3 player like thing and when we looked online we looked at a zune I think that was the name.. my birthday was about a month ago and he didn't know what to get me so he got me two huge bottles of purfume and took me to...

Why is divorce so expensive? [ 3 Answers ]

Because it is worth it! My first wife would rather climb up a tree to tell me a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth. I honestly tried everything to please her but it did not work. When we split, I nearly died. Did a lot of stupid things I am very ashamed of: however, if I had only known...

View more questions Search