Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlyden316 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 06:39 AM
    Water comes out of shower valve but not shower arm... help!
    Hi all,

I just installed the upgrade kit to convert my Delta Monitor 1500 to a Monitor 1700 and after assembling everything I am getting zero water out of the shower. When I turned the water on when I was finished there was very weak pressure and then it stopped completely. When I remove the new seats, springs, and cartridge plenty of water blasts out of the valve. To test if the new parts were faulty, I reinstalled the old seats, springs, and cartridge and still zero water. I removed the shower head in case it was clogged but that didn't help. This is a stand-up shower stall with no tub so there is no diverter that can be faulty. I have also successfully done this on another shower with no problems so I'm pretty confident it's not something I messed up.

I tried using a metal hanger as a snake but it didn't seem to work well. I also had the idea of inverting the shower arm and pouring in white vinegar to dissolve any sediment clog but the pipes are full of water and I couldn't pour anything in. Is this a job for a plumber or what else can I try? Thanks for any help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 1, 2011, 07:47 AM
    Let's take a look at the two valves. The image on the left is a 1500 series and the lower right is 1700/1800. Whom told you the two were interchangeable? Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

tlyden316 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Mine is exactly the same as the monitor 1700/1800 series and I installed it exactly as pictured. I don't think any of the parts are faulty since I am having the same problem after re-installing the old parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a shower valve body installed correctly, but no water gets to the shower spout [ 14 Answers ]

I have a shower valve body installed correctly, but no water gets to the shower spout. It seams as there is not enough pressure to make it. When I disassemble the tub, shower, and hot water 1/2" pipes and leave the cold pipe hooked up, water flows through valve just fine. Where is the pressure...

Water supply not fitting/shower arm broken [ 1 Answers ]

While trying to connect a new water supply line to a 1984 valve, neither the 1/2" nor the 3/8" will fit. Is there such a thing as a 3/8" INSIDE diameter supply line? Or an adapter we can use? Also, while changing out a shower arm, part of the screw on part broke inside the pipe. What can get...

Mixing valve/shower arm [ 2 Answers ]

:cool: Is it possible to install a shower/tub mixing valve on a different wall then the shower arm? We are getting a new house built and if this were possible it would save us a lot of grief... Thanks Doug

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

View more questions Search