Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 09:45 AM
    How to wired a ceiling fan with 2 3 way switches 1 for the fan and 1 for the light?
    How to wired a ceiling fan with 2 3 way switches 1 for the fan and 1 for the light? I have a 14/3wire to fan box to a 2 gang box at 1 door and a 2 gang box at the other door with 2 14/3 from door to door
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 31, 2011, 11:39 AM
    Where is the power?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

Replacing Fan and Light Switches on Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My ceiling fan was disassembled by someone else to replace the light and fan switches. I have purchased new switches but need wiring diagram or picture so my son can put it back together. Wouldn't have been a problem if I was the one who took it apart! Step by step directions would be a big help,...

Ceiling Fan with separate fan & light switches-3 way [ 2 Answers ]

How do you wire a ceiling fan to two separate switches- 1 to the fan and 1 to the light switch which happens to be a 3-way switch? There is a 3 wire running to the fan and a 3 wire running to the next 3 way switch. So in the box I have 6 wires and 2 grounds. Puzzeled Brian

Are bath fan/light units wired to 2 switches? [ 3 Answers ]

In finishing my basement I'm adding a bathroom that will have wall mounted lights over the vanity/lav and a fan/light combo fixture closer to the shower. Is it common to wire the lights on both fixtures to one switch and the fan to another even though the fan/light combo is one unit? In other...

Ceiling fan w/ 3way switches for light and 1 way for fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan that has 3 switches that control the light and 1 that controls the fan. I have 4 wires coming into the box for the fan (black, red, white and grnd). The new ceiling fan has a remote that has to 2 lead wires that are supposed to be connected to the source and 4 (2 for...

View more questions Search