Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blueocean5000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Born in Greece how do I get a greek passport?
    I was born in Athens, Greece, to US citzens and my father was in the military. I grew up in the USA and have a US passport. I have my Greek birth certificate, so how do I go about getting a Greek passport?

Thanks
    shonshon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blueocean5000
    I was born in Athens, Greece, to US citzens and my father was in the military. I grew up in the USA and have a US passport. I have my Greek birth certificate, so how do I go about getting a Greek passport?

Thanks
    If your father was a greek citizen and served in greek army it looks good to go forward with the process to get greek passport

You must have the rights from your father- if it is only the fact that you have born in greece
    It is not the fact that gives the right to apply

See this law firm website
    www.freewebs.com/grlawe
    PetertheGreek Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Is your father Greek-American?If yes you won't have any problem at all! If no you must stay in Greece for a while. If you just want to live in Greece there is no problem to be there with your USA passport

Aug 16, 2007, 10:21 PM
    The legal situation is a little diffirent - it is ארקו that father is the ultimate side to get your rights in gereece - but only in principle- but you can get from your moyther - the need to stay in greece is not a law - you can get from your mother depened on the way you ask the citizenship.
    So the say that you must livein greece is not a law and not an obsticale - you should get a legal assistant and review your private case .
    acrules3 Posts: 76, Reputation: 3

Aug 14, 2008, 10:03 PM
    You are likely not a Greek citizen from the facts you state and cannot get a Greek passport.

Jul 3, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blueocean5000 View Post

Thanks

Well, After reviewing your email again, you were born in greece only, no father or mother with greek citizenship!
    Birth does not give citizenship !
    Only if you were born to greek father or mother .
    No way to ask for greek citizenship, under he fact that you had born in greece.

Jul 3, 2010, 11:26 PM
    Well, After reviewing your email again, you were born in greece only, no father or mother with greek citizenship!
    Birth does not give citizenship !
    Only if you were born to greek father or mother .
    No way to ask for greek citizenship, under he fact that you had born in greece.
    Fatlipper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 04:06 PM
    You go to a embassy with your dad and apply, period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Greek family history -- Ammos, Greece [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata Thanks!

Greek passport [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there. I am an indian , married with greek girl in cyprus 2 years ago. I was staying in cyprus apx.3.5 years. Now I am working in UK since June 2006 . I have got Document Of Resident in Cyprus valid until 2010. How Can I apply for Greek Or Cyprus passport? Can anybody help me... I shall...

Obtaining a Greek Passport [ 2 Answers ]

My parents are Greek, I was born here... and want to get the Greek Passport. Did anyone out there find out the procedure? I live in DC.. should I just go there with my mom and her birth certificate? Any info on this topic would be appreciated! Thanks, Irene

Get Greek passport online [ 1 Answers ]

Get Greek passport online,I need to get a Greek passport asap,how can I do this?

View more questions Search