Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m1ggy6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Problems with my 2003 chevy express van?
    I replced the master cylinder. Replaced all the brake pads. Bled the brake cylinder and every tire. I see no leaks in the lines. All the calipers/wheel cylinders seem to be OK and working fine. But I have very little break peddle. When pushing down the brakes, the vehicle will stop but my foot hits the floor. What's wrong with my 2003 chevy express van 3500?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 28, 2011, 03:19 PM
    You have air in the system. When you replaced the master, did you bench bleed it first? When you bled the brakes at all 4 wheels, did you do it in the correct order and do it long enough that you were getting clear brake fluid with no air trapped in between?
    m1ggy6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 03:35 PM
    What is the correct order? Yes I did bleed the master first. I saw no air leaks in the brake fluid.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2011, 04:25 PM
    RR, LF, LR, and RF.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Oct 28, 2011, 05:41 PM
    Do you have ABS brakes? If so, you may have air in the ABS valves. Only two ways to get rid of that--a scan tool bleed or a reverse pressure bleed where you force fluid backwards up to the M/C from the caliper/wheel cylinders.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Oct 28, 2011, 09:15 PM
    You definitely have air in the system or even possibly a faulty master cylinder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC/Heater Vacuum Diagram for 1999 chevy express 1500 van 6 cyl. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, there's 3 switches on dashboard, 1st one is for blower speed which blower motor & resistor are working Fine, 2nd one is for switching the temperature which operates a Electric Actuator blend door and its working Fine, 3rd one is for switching the air flow to either defrost, down to feet,...

2003 chevy express van [ 2 Answers ]

My headlights on my Van are real foggy and hazy. How can I clean them with items around the house I heard you can use toothpaste? Any suggestion?

2003 chevy express van [ 1 Answers ]

What is the measurement of a 2003 chevy express V8 vans transmission dip-stick

2003 chevy express van [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reset my keyless entry on my 2003 chevy express van 2500?

View more questions Search