Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katyw36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 08:25 AM
    How can you leave your parents when you're 18?
    Well, my 18th birthday has just gone by and I am hoping that I can go and live on my own. But I don't know how to ask my parents! I know it sounds pretty supid but I need advice. I have got a job and money but I still live with my parents and all of my other friends are in flats. It's quite embarasing. Plus, parents tell you what to do and I have a 9 year old sibling. Can I please have ways to ask my parents.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Go to your mother and father and tell them you would like their help finding a flat of your own. Get them involved in the process, but don't ask their permission as you don't need it.

Have them help you prepare a budget to see what you can afford. You may find you can't afford it, but if you get them involved in the process, they will probably be more willing to go along.

If they refuse or tell you that you can't move out. Tell them you are 18 and do not need their permission, but you value their opinion which is why you asked for their help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I take my baby and leave my parents house [ 7 Answers ]

Ok I'm 16 years old and have a 5 month old baby... my parents are trying to control everything I do they won't let me raise my kid they are trying to take over... when can I legally move out so I can raise my baby myself with the help of the daddy??

I'm 18 and my parents won't let me leave my house [ 9 Answers ]

My parents won't let me leave my house I've been 18 for 2 months and I'm ready to leave. Their being unfair about things. I left last night and they got the school involved in it so I might be kicked out of school tomorrow.

Both Parents leave Canada [ 1 Answers ]

My ex wife has moved abroad and I have as well. My chiild will soon be 18 and going to university in his/her home country. Would a new order for support have to be from Canada or the countryhe /she now lives in (the UK) if she requests me to continue to pay while the child lives away at University...

Wwhat to do if you want to leave your parents and join another family withou parents [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do when I want to leave my family and join another at 16-years old?

Ex not on lease will not leave.landlord gave her 30 days.still won't leave? [ 12 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend and I were on a lease and it expired 7/15/09. I signed a new lease with only me on it. She will not leave. She stated the landlord had to give her 30 more days to leave. The landlord then sent a certified letter stating she had to leave in 30 days. She will not leave. What rights...

View more questions Search