Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WorriedMom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Partition laws in South Carolina
    My husband and I drew up a legal separation agreement. In it, we agreed to sale both houses we own (1 in Virginia and the other in South Carolina). I ended up refinancing the VA home; buying him out and he moved out. He left with a considerable amount of money. I recently found out that he had taken the second home, located in South Carolina, off the market. He rented the property out. In fact, he signed my name to release the home from sale without my approval and knowledge. The tenants, whom I do not know, are leasing the property until the end of October. What are my rights? Can I force him to sale the property so I can be released of this debt as we agreed in a signed and notarized separation agreement. I do not want to cause any problems to the tenants, as he was not up front with them. Please help!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 05:49 PM
    What your husband has done constitutes forgery and is a felony offense.

Did you use an attorney to draw up your separation agreement? Was it filed with the courts? You need to contact your attorney and let him know your husband is in violation of that agreement. He will be able to advise you from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A little confused about South Carolina eviction laws [ 7 Answers ]

Can a landlord evict you with a 3 day hand written notice in the state of South Carolina ? I have not been able to find specific laws concerning South Carolina eviction laws. This is a month to month rental, no kind of written agreement at all.

South Park [ 2 Answers ]

What town in Colorado inspired the fictional town of South Park?

North Carolina prepaid group insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Does North Carolina have prepaid group insurance?

Vent/Stack Question from North Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

HELP!! I am new to this so please bear with me: I am building a new house by myself... i.e. no contractors due to cost... I have three levels of bathrooms... all stacked above each other... the way I read the code I can install one stack/vent and if I stay within the "critical distance" I can...

Jungles of South America [ 1 Answers ]

Is quicksand found in the Jungle?

View more questions Search