Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Navarre Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2004, 06:07 AM
    E-Mail won't send through OUTLOOK
    :) Hi everyone. This is my first ever posting so I hope I'm doing it right.
    I have had my internet connection for a little over two weeks now and seem to have spent 95% of my time online sorting out 'security' stuff. I have a few final things to tweak and would greatly appreciate anyone's help with any of them (I have looked through the threads first but couldn't find any solutions to these following probs). PLEASE help. :confused:
    The various 'security' applications that I am using are Sygate (firewall), F-prot (anti-virus), SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D, Yahoo and Google popup blockers and Guidescope (proxy server-i think!). As far as protecting my computer is concerned verything seems to be working fine (I get a full stealth rating from the GRC Shields up test and regular scans of my system reveal no viruses or spyware threats etc). I will make a separate thread for each problem to make it easier for others perhaps experiencing similar problems to find them:

1. When I try to send an e-mail from Outlook I get the following message from my server :

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
    The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
    Each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <[email protected]>
    Reason: unknown user

I have a feeling that this may be due to Guidescope because if I go to my server (NTL) and login I can send mail fine. :confused:
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 24, 2004, 05:03 AM
    Yes, first try without that Guidescope. It might be hiding your real identity to your Email server.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you send email from Oracle Forms? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello How can I send a mail from oracle forms Regards Swapna

Outlook Express won't send [ 3 Answers ]

hi I have outlook express and I can recive mail but when I try to send I get The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'account', Server: 'server.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have had this before for like a couple of...

Outlook won't send email [ 0 Answers ]

Outlook won't send via Wireless [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am having a problem with outlook. I have it set up to receive and send my emails through my Yahoo account and my wanadoo account. This has all been working fine. However I have recently subscribed to Wanadoo wireless and talk and so now have a wireless connection to the internet. Since...

View more questions Search