Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kuc2215 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 02:28 PM
    I appealed a decafs case
    And now I'm scheduled for court in November, however this is my case. I was out one day for lunch and had a few drinks, I was in an accident and totaled my truck and had numerous stitches in my head. The nurses at the hospital asked me where I was going I said I was going home, I had asked my husband in front of the doctor and nurse where my son was, and he said that he was picked up by my sister and is at her house, during this accident my son was in school, and I had no intentions of driving with him at all, so dcfs said I was abusive and neglecting parent so I appealed the case, it seems to me that there is no case since my children were not at all involved in this accident.. When dcfs came to my home my kids were honest with them about how I am as a mother and I just don't understand why dcfs is doing this please help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 02:34 PM
    Who reported this to them in the first place. They do not just come to the hospital for people hurt in accidents where family pick up their children from school ?

Was the person picking them up real late getting them and the school thought they were left ?

Oct 24, 2011, 02:42 PM
    The hospital called because they said that they believe I was going to get my son from school. As I said I had no intentions on driving to my sons school to pick him up the hospital said that
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kuc2215 View Post
    ... during this accident my son was in school, and I had no intentions of driving with him at all, ...
    Are you saying that if you had not been in an accident you would not have picked him up, in your condition, anyway? Prior to the accident, had you made arrangements with your sister that she pick him up?

Oct 24, 2011, 02:50 PM
    Yes I made arrangements with my husband he was to call my sister and pick up my son if he was running late (coming home from work) My husband told me to take a day off everything since my daughter went on her first trip away from me to Washington with her 7th grade class, I was miserable with out her so he said go have a spa day, however my spa day turned out bad.. I had absolutely no intentions to get my son from school that day.. When the hospital called my husband he was a nervous wreck because they just told him to get to the hospital fast during that time he did not call my sister, my mother called my sister and told her to get my son because my husband could not make it because I was in the hospital

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do not feel comp case filed correctly lost want case refiled got sick on job in 2007 [ 0 Answers ]

When talking to people years after case Have been told since I got sick on job should have got worker's comp. Do not feel case was filed correctlt staying I told employer I was physically able to go in field was sent out Was in extreme pain when I returned to office. Went to hospital never...

My boyfriend caught a new case while he just got guilty on another case [ 2 Answers ]

What does sentencing after revocation mean

My case is being appealed [ 3 Answers ]

I recently won a suit against my landlord for holding too much of my deposit and for not returning anything within the 21 day deadline. He is now appealing the decision, does he have any chance of winning?

View more questions Search