Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenna_Moore02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Diarrhea diapers
    My 6 month old son has had diarrhea for the past week and every single diaper I change him he has had diarrhea in every diaper. They has not been one single pee diaper without the poop and he is teething and has very server diaper rash. I am using desitin diaper rash cream along with baby powder. Do I give him pedalite all day instead of formula until the diarrhea stops and is desitin the right thing to use for a very bad diaper rash?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 12:25 PM
    Have you taken him to the doctor yet ? A long lasting illness can lead to more serious issues. I would suggest taking the child to the doctor
    Jenna_Moore02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 12:53 PM
    The doctors will not see him until I have insurance which will be sometime this week. So I have been giving him pedalite and desitin for the rash and every time I change his diaper he cries and screams of pain so I put him on a sheet on the floor and take his diaper off with the diaper rash cream coated. Hes happy all day until he goes poop or pee and I change his diapers constantly.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 01:48 PM
    What is he drinking -- formula or breast milk? Water? Juice?

I'll PM our nurse to read your question.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 04:28 PM
    You need to get him to the ER if you don't have insurance. Dehydration can occur quickly in children that young and can be VERY dangerous.

Crisco is better than desitin. We use crisco in our nursery in the hospital and most NICUs use it as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing Diapers [ 11 Answers ]

I was just talking to my husband as once he told me has a bad gag reflex when he sees and smells poo or vomit. We have 2 cats and I ALWAYS change litter.. Now I'm pregnant so I told him he can't expect me to do it all the time. Esp in occasions I won't be home. He said he won't because he...

Legally are diapers clothing? [ 10 Answers ]

In our court divorce settlement my exe agreed to supply "all" clothing. Which I asked for that to be put in so that I would not need to buy diapers and clothing for our 2 boys. The boys are with me about 40-45% of the time so that adds up to a lot for me. I am disabled and on a fixed income. We...

Children and diapers [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my daughter is 2 years old and I have been using huggies diapers... but they tend to leak a lot.but I wanted to try pampers but I'm not sure if your supposed to change the kind of diapers they use... all though she does not have sensitive skin... but should I not change them?

Cost of disposable diapers? [ 3 Answers ]

Hii again... I was wondering about disposable diapers. What is the approximate amount I would spend on diapers per month? For now, I am not looking for the most expensive diapers either. Thanks :D:rolleyes: P.S.. . I'm making my baby budget!

Scarring from reaction to diapers. [ 1 Answers ]

My mom said, "that when I was little Pamper was just coming out with their new pampers." My mom said that she tried them on myself, and I started breaking out bad on my private area, between my thighs, and my buttock area. To this day I have the scars from the reaction to the pamper product. My...

View more questions Search