Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Oct 22, 2011, 02:34 PM
    Is my heart rate and/or blood pressure dangerous/abnormal?
    I'm a 19 year old female at 5ft5 and weighing 8st9lbs.

I had my heart rate taken from laying down, sitting down and standing up and also had my blood pressure taken.

Laying down heart rate: 94bpm
    Sitting down heart rate: 96bpm
    Standing up heart rate: 105bpm

My blood pressure is 106/94 (systolic/diastolic)

Are these abnormal or dangerous?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2011, 04:24 PM
    They sound normal to me. Also, if you take your BP several times a day, you will never get the same reading twice.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 04:24 PM
    Your blood pressure taken on rising is the most accurate, because then your body is waking up, you are relaxed and it is a better reading. Your blood pressure reading is okay as far as I can determine for a person as young as you.

However, your pulse is a mute point as I don't know if you are were upset or anxiious at the time it was taken. If you stated that is was a deopler method then I would say it was accurate.

Why do you ask, and why were you having tests, was this for a physical examination.
    Tick
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Oct 22, 2011, 04:35 PM
    Thanks guys.
    Tick, I've been taking my pulse regularly over the last month or so and it doesn't seem to change or anything - average pulse rate is around 94bpm.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ramona_ View Post
    thanks guys.
    tick, i've been taking my pulse regularly over the last month or so and it doesn't seem to change or anything - average pulse rate is around 94bpm.
    Hi ramona, at the present time, mine is 75, normal for me, yours is normal for you. We are all completely different individuals, thank god for that :). I have to say this though, its like everything else, once you start testing yourself, pulse in the neck, pulse in the wrist, you can drive yourself crazy, ramona. Especially after physical activity.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about heart rate? [ 2 Answers ]

Earlier this week I started getting really sick. I had a high fever, an extremely painful and swollen throat, chills and loss of appetite. I went to see a doctor and he diagnosed me with mono. The doctor took my temperature and told me it was 103.8. He then took my pulse and told me it was very...

Heart rate 199 at rest blood pressure 147/112 how bad is that and is this [ 3 Answers ]

A heart problem or high blood pressure. The last couple of days my blood pressure has been high but today my blood pressure has been 147/112 with a pulse of 199 and another blood pressure reading of 141/102 and a heart rate of 122. Is this a heart problem or something else. Ps I have chest pain a...

Is cholesterol of 6.5mmol/L blood dangerous [ 2 Answers ]

I have read that cholesterol is GOOD for your heart and that Ancel Keys' hypothesis in 1957 was wrong. Thus one study showed that 60% of all heart attack victims had normal cholesterol levels and that fewer than 5% of people with high cholesterol levels ever had a heart attack. It was concluded...

Abnormal bleeding and Blood Clots [ 1 Answers ]

I am 23 years old. I have been on my period for three days now. This morning I woke and was bleeding worse than I ever have been before. I started having to change my tampon every hour because I was leaking pretty badly. Then throughout the day it got worse and now I am having to change it every 20...

Kids heart rate [ 1 Answers ]

My niece has just stayed in hospital overnight for her oxgyen level to be checked but her heart rate kept going down to 79bpm is this normal for a 4 year old girl or is it got something to do with her heart problems that she was digonised with when she was 2 years old

View more questions Search