Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Autmank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Heating and cooling
    My furnace says that my pressure switch is open with inducer on. When I unplug one of the wire to the pressure switch and turn the furnace back on nothing happen. The light still flashes. When I unplug one of the wires to the relays the inducer start but the furnace still want fire. Help please!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2011, 02:11 PM
    You might briefly,and for a very brief few minutes jumper the two wires together ,this will by-pass the pressure switch long enough to determine if the pressure switch is bad,, take jumper off asap as it's a very important safety device that shoud be replaced before using the furnace
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Remove the rubber tube going to the pressure switch from the furnace collector box. With it attached to the pressure switch blow and suck very lightly on the tube you should hear the switch click when you do this. Some switches are stubborn and stick a few times when you first start to use your heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating cooling [ 0 Answers ]

Forgot to ask one more question after setting the pressures and cycling the furnace , do I leave the middle dip switch to second stage? Or move it back to 1st stage

Cooling and heating [ 1 Answers ]

What can be the problem of a baseboard heater that start with cold or heating as the case may be, and then started blowing fan air... the cooling or the heating gradually went off. What can be the baseboard heater problem?

Heating/cooling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have a goodman 4 ton combo unit and I just installed a manual t-stat from a dig-t-stat ,the unit heat good but when it get to the tem.reached,the unit and blower would not shut off,the t-stat woul click but the unit and blower run all night,what all can I do

Heating and cooling help [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know how I got myself so mixed up but I need help. I built my first home about 4 years ago. My first winter (I live in Florida) I used heat on the stat when it got cold out. I went to work one morning and saw my unit was iced up. I called installer and he told me to use Emer heat. So I...

Heating and cooling [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace come on and then starts to blow out cold air

View more questions Search