Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emiliatrue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 06:24 AM
    Unable to transfer files from a Win2000 to Winxp?
    I recently upgraded my machine to WindowsXP service pack 3 and have a Windows2000 machine from which I would transfer files without a problem. Since I upgraded I am unable to get the files transferred. The only message is that 'Path cannot be found.

Please help
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Oct 21, 2011, 07:45 AM
    How are you trying to transfer the files? Via transfer software?

There are a couple things you can do; other than transfer software...

You could buy an external hard drive and copy all the files from the windows 2000 machine onto the external, then plug it into the windows xp machine and copy them there.

Depending on how much space your files take up, you could use usb thumb drives instead of the hard drive... You can usually get an 8GB usb drive for about 10-14 dollars at best buy... It may take a while longer because you will have to copy to and from up to the GB limit, then do it all over again for the rest of the files...

Another option is to pay to have it done for you... Though you will probably pay somebody about as much as it would cost to buy an external hard drive... unless you know someone that will do it for free or really cheap... Geek Squad at Best Buy will charge through the nose for something this simple, and a local computer shop will charge less, but still more than necessary.

Hope this helps. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to delete hard disk partition in winxp [ 1 Answers ]

Unable to delete old partition during winxp setup

WinXP unable to login . [ 10 Answers ]

I am having WinXP SP2. I have 3 user account. One admin account with password and two user account without password. The problem is whenever I boot my PC, it goes till the login screen. In the login screen it shows that three account. But I could not able to enter any of these accounts (when...

Unable to see SharedDocs, WINXP [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam: Please let me know if you can help me to resolve the issue described below. Problem description: 2 computers (desktop with WIN XP Pro SP3 and laptop with WINXP Home SP3) are connected via D-Link router to the " home or small office network". When attempting to access...

Unable to share files in winxp & win2000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hye ! I have two PC one is having windows XP pro and other one is having Win2k. XP PC is having sify broadband which is shared by default windows sharing ( ip - 192.168.0.1 ) to win 2k machine. And its working fine. Now the problem is when I try to access xp PC from win2k it is showing...

Unable to login... winxp [ 8 Answers ]

We are unable to login to any accounts on a Winxp Home machine. All accounts, (even the admin account when booting in safe mode) get to the welcome screen, and then it will say "Saving Settings" and then kick you back out to the login screen again. Doing some searching, I've found this problem,...

View more questions Search