Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david1959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Anyone know what may happen?
    Back in 2008 I was charged with grand larceny 4th. My sentence was 5 yrs probation , 96 hours of community service and paid full restitution. Well in Feb. Of this yr I was arrested for a lot of felonies.(a person lied , I have the proof.. But unfortunately their police statement is all any one wanted to hear. Lol) Well anyway I was offered a plea of 1.5 to 3 yrs on a 2nd felony offense offering a false instrument a classe felony. My probation officer did my psi and is requesting shock camp due to I have a minimal record ( 1 felony and 1 misd.). Will the jusge agree with the psi or do you think he will just go with the da? Also I live in ny state , how long will I have to serve before I can b released on parole if the judge sentences me to the plea? I honestly should have taken this to trial but I didn't because if I lost I would have sone a longer sentence. The worst part about this whole thing is it was my spouses son who was on parole at the time who lied to save his own a## and unfortunately he was just recently shot and killed and I can't take the plea back.. My life and my families lives have just been torn upside down sense all of this has happened and we just don't know what to think...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2011, 02:27 PM
    You will have to wait until your probation violation hearing to hear what the judge has to say. He may listen to the DA first versus the PO. I would not say you have a minimal record having 1 felony and 1 misdemeanor. If you had only the misdemeanor I'd say your chances are pretty good but having the prior felony is really going to have an impact on your sentencing.

You still have your original 5 years probation violation to contend with here.

At the time of your sentencing the judge will reveal when and if you receive parole from prison.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does this have to happen? What should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

On December,28,2010 my mom told me that her and my dad were getting a divorce that my mom just doesn't feel any love any more he doesn't say hi bye I love you or hug or kiss her he doesn't even talk to her so one day I came down stairs and this girl heather on Christmas was downstairs with my dad...

How can this happen? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 35 yr old mother of 5, I received a tubal 6 weeks after the birth of my son in 2006. I have had a normal period every month since. Now last month7/10 I bled for 1/2 a day and haven't had anything since... I have also had a home pregnancy test which was negative.

I don't want that to happen [ 2 Answers ]

I want to stay with my girl but like she have a kid and she think it's not fair for me because she's 19 and I'm 17 and she said she's lookking for a commitement not a little kid one the reason she saying that because I'm 17 I need help I can't lose her I love her too much for me to lose her

What's Going To Happen? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I recently had sex and the condom broke:eek: and my boyfriend and I had some concerns that I might be pregnant, but I got my period and when I told him that everything was OK he said that there's still a chance I can be pregnant so I looked it up and found out that there's such a thing as...

What needs to happen? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok my girlfriend has a 18 mo old baby and his biological dad has seen him once... he is on none of his paperwork such as birth certificate, nothing. He will call one day and say I want to see my son, then the same afternoon he will call and say he hates the baby and hopes to never see him. He...

View more questions Search