Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sargenvs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 04:07 PM
    Bathroom wiring schematics?
    I'm wiring a bathroom. I've got a fan, 2 lights and an outlet. I need to connect all of the white legs together (i.e. five #12 wires)--I think that's too many for a wire nut. Is there something like a screw block something like you would find in a breaker box that you could feed the five wires into yet small enough to fit in the back of a light or switch box?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 19, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Hold on a minute, please.

1) NEC requires a 20 Amp, 120 volt GFCI protected receptacle for bathrooms.

2) If there is only one bathroom, then the NEC allows the entire bathroom to be serviced by that 20 amp line.

3) If you choose to use the one circuit for both the receptacle and everything else, you must set the GFCI receptacle at the end of the circuit. If it is at the start of the circuit and is protecting the entire circuit, then if the GFCI trips, you are now standing alone in the dark.

3) Personally, I would run two circuits to a bathroom. One 15 amp circuit for lights and fan. And one 20 amp receptacle. Hair dryers are amp hogs. If you have one circuit and you are running the fan, to clear the haze, the light to see what you are doing and a hair dryer, Trip, there goes the breaker and there your wife or child stands in the dark, with wet hair screaming for you because, "You did this to them!"
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2011, 02:39 AM
    You can use a gray Ideal wire nut or 3 M scotchlok to splice 5 - #12 .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring schematics for honeywell rth6300b? [ 0 Answers ]

Just bought a New home. The Honeywell RTH6300B Was already in the house. Does not work properly.When in Auto Mode, it does not come on. But cut on manually it does come on, but stays on.. Can someone provide a wiring schematic for it.

Free ceiling fan wiring schematics [ 0 Answers ]

I am replacing a 3 speed pull switch on a ceiling fan. I have five wires in the fan (black, gray, brown, light purple and dark purple). I have four wires on the switch. Can you provide me with directions on how to properly connect the switch?

Daikin Air Conditioning Wiring Schematics [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for wiring Schematics for a Chinese Daikin Air Conditioning Condensers R125LMY1L<KF-125W and Model KF-60W (R60GV1C)

York Air Conditioning Wiring Schematics [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for Wiring Schematics for a Chinese York Model YGOC45BEOG Condensing Unit and Matching Air Handler.

Wiring schematics [ 1 Answers ]

John deere 1800 utility vehicle wiring schematics

View more questions Search