Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angry4PJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Paternity testing?
    If the father of my child is unwilling to take a paternity test and can not be located can the father's brother take it for him? Will the results hold up in a court of law if they are ever needed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2011, 09:58 PM
    No, the fathers brother will not show up as the father,
    At best it can be "assumed" that a close family member is the father, like the boyfriends father, a uncle and so on.

So no, you need the actual person for the test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity testing [ 2 Answers ]

Can an alleged father have an adult child (24) legally tested for parentage in Tennessee, or is there a statue of limitations? The mother is now suing for back child support but the courts never established paternity and the adult child is now 24 years of age! What if anything can be done to...

Paternity Testing [ 5 Answers ]

If a mother does not list a father on her baby's birth certificate, does she have to submit her child to a DNA test if a man requests it. She is also not interested in child support at all.

Paternity testing [ 1 Answers ]

By law who can ask for paternity test. is aknoldgement of paternity enough? Can guardian ask for test?

Paternity testing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a teenager and my child is due today but I'm not 100% sure who the father is! And I don't have any possible way of getting the money for a paternity test wich is desperately needed. Is there any way of getting a paternity test done for free?

Paternity testing [ 1 Answers ]

Can a grandfather be tested for paternity of grandchild to see if his son is the father. The father is not available for testing.

View more questions Search