ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 18, 2011, 05:50 AM
    First, I assume that what you meant to write is:
    f(x) = x^2 -12x +36

Please confirm.

You know this equals 9, so:

Subtract 9 from both sides:

Now you can factor this and find two solutions for x. Post back with what you get for answers and we'll check it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic function-word problems [ 2 Answers ]

Dieter makes a journey of 430 km, traveling 160 km by bus and 270 km by car. If the car averages 10km/h faster than the bus and the whole journey takes 5h, what is the speed of the car? I don't get the question.. can anyone help me?? :)

Quadratic function-word problems [ 3 Answers ]

Car A leaves Toronto for Montreal, 500km away, at an average speed of 80km/h. Car B leaves Montreal for Toronto on the same highway 2h later at 100 km/h. How far are they from Toronto when they pass? I need a quadratic equation for this please.. tnx in advance. =D

Quadratic word problem [ 1 Answers ]

The Hudson River flows at a rate of 3 miles per hour. A patrol boat travels 60 miles upriver, and returns in a total of 9 hours. What is the speed of the boat in still water?

Using Quadratic Functions in word problem [ 3 Answers ]

Okay. I have some trouble with this word problem Using Quadratic equation. Could someone help please? 1.)The sum of a number and its reciprocal is 26/5. Find the number. 2.)One positive integer is three larger than another positive integer. The sum of the squares of these integers is one...

How to solve a quadratic word problem [ 2 Answers ]

Im am challenged when it comes to word problems, please help! Sammy takes 5 hours longer to complete 300 lines of code than Martin. Together, Sammy and Martin can complete the code in 6 hours. Clearly explain the results showing the calculations of how long it takes each programmer to complete...

View more questions Search