Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelJolene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Do I still have to pay child support if my daughter lives with me 100%
    My daughter decided to move in with me permanantly. She is 16 and she and her mother made the choice.
    I am still paying her mother all of the support as they are automatically deducted 2x per month into
    Her account. Though she has been here well over a month. I am not sure how to go about stopping the payment
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
    If the deductions are ordered by your child support enforcement agency, you contact them and explain that the child now lives with you.

If it's ordered by the court, you file a motion with the court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
    If the mother was awarded custody by a court, you have to go back to the court to modify the custody agreement. At the same time you apply for a modification of the support order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 05:06 PM
    First of course the daughter can not just decide. If she wants to, and both you and the mother agree, you will need to file in court to get residential custody changed and child support stopped. Of course now the mother may owe you child support.

If the mother agreed expecting this move to be "unofficial" and she would keep getting child support, she may be less willing to let the child move if she knows she may be the one paying child support now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have to pay child support to my ex when our son lives with his grandma? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex lives out of state along with her parents and our son. My son lives with his grandma but Iam paying support to my ex. She also receives welfare for my son, which is fraud, but I have no way of proving that my son lives with his grandma because through his school and through welfare she has...

Mother collecting child support, when my daughter lives with me Friday-Tuesday [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter lives with me from Friday till Tuesday, most of the time more often. For school my daughter and my daughters' sister *(her sister is not my child)* have been at my address which is my fathers' & mine, for I live with him full time.

Do I have to pay child support to my ex if our son lives at college I live in ma [ 2 Answers ]

Child will be 19 living at college .I live in ma.do I have to continue to pay his mother if he is not living with her.I will be paying half his tuition.

Pay support to mother in nys, child in school works and lives w/ sister in Maryland [ 2 Answers ]

Child 18 goes to college, works and lives with sister in Maryland. Child support is being paid to mother in nys. Is that legal? Can money go straight to child or can support be terminated?

Father paying child support to mother when daughter lives with dad's grandparents [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I don't know what to do he has a 15 year old daughter who lives with my husband's parents, she been living with them since 1994 when child services gave temporary custody to my husbands mom until the mom felt ready to get custody back. My husband didn't have the custody because he...

View more questions Search