Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayla75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 08:23 AM
    How can I get supervised visits for my child father?
    Show or answer his phone.Sometime for weeks. I am tired of the back and fourth and I feel I am some what making the situation worse.I want the courts to intervene to settle this arrangement between us.How can I go about this?My child father is not reliable when it comes to picking her up which often ends up becoming a verbal argument or him threaten me.Our daughter usually is caught in the middle and cries often to see her father.He saids he want's to see his daughter but when it comes time he's late or doesn't
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 16, 2011, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shayla75 View Post
    Show or answer his phone.Sometime for weeks. I am tired of the back and fourth and I feel I am some what making the situation worse.I want the courts to intervene to settle this arrangement between us.How can I go about this?My child father is not reliable when it comes to picking her up which often ends up becoming a verbal argument or him threaten me.Our daughter usually is caught in the middle and cries often to see her father.He saids he want's to see his daughter but when it comes time he's late or doesn't
    Do you have a custody and visitation order now? If you do you could ask the court to modify it and if you don't you should ask for such an order. In either case, I suppose you should ask for a provision that, if he fails to arrive on time, that particular visit shall be cancelled.

The saying goes "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Similrly, you probably can't get an order that he take advantage of what visitation opportunities he has.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2011, 12:25 PM
    Supervised visitation is awarded when the parent is deemed a possible danger to the child. That doesn't seem the case here.

You can ask for a modification of the order (if there is an order) to reduce his time. But as AK said, you can't force him to be a father.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2011, 02:30 PM
    You can only get supervised visits if the father is a threat to the child. So why argue, if he is not there or does not show up, he just does not get that visit and you ignore it.

It takes two people to fight, so just stop argue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ask for supervised visits? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex wife, six months ago allowed a 14 year old to drive my children and several other children around town. This resulted with the car in a ditch. Luckily no one was seriously injured. Although, it has left me worried to leave the kids alone with her. Is it possible for us to ask a jugde for...

Supervised visits [ 1 Answers ]

I serarted from my wife 3 and half years ago - I have pr but she has now threatened to have supervised visits - can she do this? :confused:

Getting supervised visits [ 2 Answers ]

I am due with a baby in 2 days. Her dad left me about a month ago to fend for myself. And he says that when the paternity test says that the baby is his that he will take care of her. The everyother weekend and pay his child support. But I have a copy of his criminal record and it's not good. 5...

View more questions Search