Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christie623 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 11:20 AM
    Why is child support not Federally enforced instead of a State by state enforcement?
    I have been to court three time to re-instate child support for my children, and each time he quits his job, or moves. Now, since it was enforced again and he had to show up every quarter to prove that he was paying, he fled the state to an area where I now again, have to pay out like $400 that I do not have to re-enforce it in the new state. This should not happen, it is just as easy to check the child support status with a Social Security number as it is for check for Legalization for every job. THe one parent that has the children and is in need of the money, should not have to keep paying out every time the responsible parents decides to flake... Where is the justice and how do I get the back money without having to payout of my own pockets and take food away from my children?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Why isn't child support enforced by the Federal Government? Because every State has its own guidelines, rules, regulations. Some States set support by a percentage (for example, 17% of gross income no matter what) and others use formulas.

If you are asking about justice, that's in the eye of the beholder.

How do you collect the money? You keep tracking him down or convince a Judge he should be jailed for avoiding support. Of course, he can't pay support when he's in jail.

Who is charging you $400 each/every time you have to go back to Court? A Government agency?

I am not unsympathetic, believe me I have this problem in my own family. The father has no interest in the child and even less interest in supporting the child. An award is issued. He quits his job. He finds another job or he moves or he starts getting paid off the books. Now "we" find out he's having ANOTHER child with ANOTHER woman.

There is no justice, but this is a Board for legal answers and, unfortunately, I've just answered you.

I don't understand your comment, "It's just as easy to check the child support status with a SS number as it is for check for Legalization for every job." What do you mean or what am I missing?

Oct 15, 2011, 12:01 PM
    What I mean by that question is, every employer in the united states is supposed to run a certain screening on new employees to make sure they are legal citizens, at this point it should also show that the person pays child support or not.

The state that he fled is Arizona and they have a specific prison set up for anyone who owes money. Yes, if they go after him and bring him back to Arizona, he would be put in "tent city" which is a work camp prison that you work 8-10 hours a day at minimum wage and the money goes to paying back what you owe.

He just bought a new home, new car, got married and had another child... he made the mistake of leaving some financial papers in my sons suit case, and had his 401k saving on it, that showed he has about 8k in there...

Is there a company that will help me get this re-inforced? The ones charging are the county offices.

Oct 15, 2011, 12:04 PM
    He also sees his son at least twice a year for three months over the whole year.. he talks with him regularly, so he wants to be the dad, and see him, but not support him financially...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie623 View Post
    What i mean by that question is, every employer in the united states is supposed to run a certain screening on new employees to make sure they are legal citizens, at this point it should also show that the person pays child support or not.

the state that he fled is Arizona and they have a specific prison set up for anyone who owes money. Yes, if they go after him and bring him back to Arizona, he would be put in "tent city" which is a work camp prison that you work 8-10 hours a day at minimum wage and the money goes to paying back what you owe.

he just bought a new home, new car, got married and had another child.... he made the mistake of leaving some financial papers in my sons suit case, and had his 401k saving on it, that showed he has about 8k in there....

is there a company that will help me get this re-inforced? the ones charging are the county offices.
    There already is such a place. And child support is federally regulated already. But as our constitution has it the states also have rights to creating their own version so long as it follows federal guidelines. If the states do not then the federal rules over ride the states rules.

FPLS - National Directory of New Hires
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Have you seen this site?

https://www.azdes.gov/az_child_support/

I would think this is your first stop for enforcing support.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2011, 07:21 AM
    I'm not quite sure about the status of the child support. Do you have a Judgment against him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Bench Warrants, if they left the state, is it still valid out of state? [ 3 Answers ]

Has a few thousand $ warrant out, can they cross state lines or enforce it in the new state that he is in... Owes over 20grand... I know where he lives.

Ny state child support ends at what age if after 18 the child is not in school? [ 6 Answers ]

Do you still have to pay child support if your child is no longer in school after the age of 18?

What establishes nh state jurisdiction over ma for child support,obligor of support I [ 8 Answers ]

Which state has jurisdiction over divorce/child support,divorce was tried and final in state of nh, after divorce finalized in nh,mother and child moved,and still reside in s.carolina since 2005,father/obligor moved to ma(out of financial nessesity,free room to live) so mother registered nh divorce...

Ex received state child support (ADC) benefits on our child while we were together. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court hearing coming up to establish that we lived together while she got food stamps and aid to dependent children by saying I was not living with her. I did not know she was receiving this and paid all our bills. I recently received a letter stating that I was 32,000 behind in Child...

Question about child support from state to state [ 3 Answers ]

My soon to be ex wife and I recently had a kid. The problem is, she moved out of state while pregnant. I question her reasons for leaving and the child doesn't look anything like me. I do plan on getting a paternity test but my question is: We lived in Arkansas and were married in Arkansas. The...

View more questions Search