Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abv108 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 08:45 AM
    2003 ford taurus sel won't start
    Car won't start. No sound of engine even trying to turn over. Lights on dash go on when I turn the key but that is it. I tested the battery at advance auto. They showed low charge so they charged it. When I returned after the charge time they suggested, I found that the battery was no good. I bought a new battery and it was installed. No fix to the problem. I have the securilink system on the car so I was thinking it might be that wife turned it on wrong and security locked us but not sure how to check that or to fix it if it is problem. Other than that I am stumped. I would thing that a starter problem would have the engine trying to turn over at least.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2011, 11:21 AM
    . Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter. Be sure to test the 130A mega fuse at the end of the under hood fuse box.

. Definitely sounds like a security system problem, if the problem persists. Your best bet, then, is to tow it to the dealer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 ford taurus won't start [ 3 Answers ]

2003 won't start, starter turning but won't start, what could be the possibilities?

How to install lower control arm on 2003 ford taurus? [ 1 Answers ]

How to install lower control arm on ford taurus,what do I remove first.

Www.strut replacement 2003 ford taurus [ 1 Answers ]

How do I separate the bottom ball joint 2003 ford taurus

Replaced water pump 2003 Ford Taurus, won't turn now [ 3 Answers ]

I just replaced the water pump on my moms Taurus and now the part the belt goes around won't turn. Can anyone tell me why and or what to do?

Shifting in 2003 ford taurus [ 2 Answers ]

I backed out of my driveway and every gear was reverse then when I wanted to go forward to get back into my drive way it was still in reverse even though shifter was in drive. Shifter was hard to put back into park but got it there. I was able to push my car to where it is parked now even though...

View more questions Search