Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vet1111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 06:07 PM
    Help with my thesis statement for an essay
    Hi, OK so I wrote my thesis and my teacher told me that it is way TO GENERAL, what can I say to imrove my thesis? This is my Thesis, Literature from New Zealand/ Australia exposes friendship in many works. Friendship means different things to different people, and sometimes it is something that has to be learned or experienced. The writers are more willing to go into detail about personal issues, such as the way people treat each other, that relates to a readers point of view
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 13, 2011, 08:27 AM
    I'm glad to came to this site for help.

Where are you planning to go with this paper? Were you going to support your thesis with ideas from literature or from the social sciences or from what? What specifics (in 100 words or less -- just so I know what you plan to do).
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Oct 13, 2011, 09:04 AM
    Vet1111

Welcome to this beautiful site, first!

What's the name of the topic -
    1. Literature from New Zealand/ Australia
    2. Literature from New Zealand/ Australia exposes friendship
    3. Literature from New Zealand/ Australia exposes friendship in many works

What is it, I want to know, as your post does not make it clear, at least to me. If your teacher finds your thesis 'way too general' (not specific, she means to say, I presume), you must read and take cues from the theses, she finds specific. Which class/standard you are in?

Still, I would suggest you to read the books and get the major issues, in these, and also write down certain quotations, in your thesis, their writers, give footnotes signifying/indicating sources... and such stuff. The best strategy will be to see the works, your teachers finds good.

Rest, you must answer the queries, Wondergirl has put. She is an expert in this matter, I am nobody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you tell me how an essay is suppose to be written (ex. 1st thesis statement) etc. [ 2 Answers ]

My teacher didn't really specify, I know the thesis statement goes first but are you suppose to then write your opinion?

Thesis statement with 3 point essay map for my career accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Thesis statement with 3 point essay map for my career accounting

Thesis statement of an descriptive essay , A chef Restaurant [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me with a introductory paragraph. My topic is " A restaurant Chef "

Thesis statement? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know a good thesis statement for child abuse?

Thesis Statement for THEME Essay [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this site. I'm writing a theme essay on a pretty interesting topic. I write very well. However, I am having trouble getting started with my thesis statement. The theme of my essay is Fate vs. Free will: the question that I would like to turn into a thesis statement is: What...

View more questions Search