Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowbetty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 01:31 PM
    Spasms/leg numbness after orgasm
    I'm 29 and 4 months ago, had my 2nd child. I've never had this leg/muscle issue before, after orgasiming, so I am a little confused.

It started in my last week of pregnant (rolling into week 42) and I was trying the old wive's tale of having sex, to induce labour. I 'O' and for about 10 minutes after, my legs went from spasms that lasted a minute or 2, then into numbness and stiffness. I was literally having to cling onto the walls, so that I could walk. I thought it was due to being pregnant. But since having my child, the 3 times we have tried attempting sex and me orgasiming, I've had the same issue and it lasts up to 30 minutes, with the numbness/stiffness, I do worry, as I've actually fallen over each time.

Is this normal? I've never experienced it before
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 01:49 PM
    I'm not a doctor, but I've been pregnant and have had similar numbness. I'm guessing a nerve is being pinched depending on your (pregnant) posture and the way your spine is positioned during sex.

Perhaps have sex in a "spooning" position so that your body is flat and comfortable and you don't have to exert any effort.

Be sure, if you lie on your back at any time (even after the baby is born), to put a pillow or rolled-up blanket under your knees to relieve pressure on your low back. (If you lie on your side, pull up your knees partway so they are bent.) This was the first thing I learned as a physical therapy aide when I set up patients.
    yellowbetty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 01:53 PM
    Hi

Thank you

I've had my baby, he was born by emergency c-section. Was wondering if this had any effect on why these are happening. Just a weird feeling
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 01:59 PM
    Your spine/vertebrae/nerves may be more fragile now that you've had some problems. My second child was a c-second, so I know you must follow all your doctor's recommendations. Put a pillow under your knees whenever you can when lying on your back. You will want to do every day a few simple low-back-muscle strengthening exercises when your incision has healed. There are web sites with photos and illustrations. If you can't find any, let me know. If you continue to have back problems, check with your doctor and/or a chiropractor or shiatsu practitioner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spasms in right outside area of calf and foot (right leg) [ 10 Answers ]

I have been getting spasms in the right side of my calf in my right leg. I looked at the muscular system and it would seem that the spasms are in either the Peroneus Longus or the Extensor Digitorum Longus muscles. I get them in the morning and they are so severe that my foot turns inward and I...

Why do I have continuous spasms and cramping after orgasm ? [ 2 Answers ]

I experience continuous spasms and cramping after orgasm which continues until I'm stimulated again It goes on for some time and can be frightening Does this mean I'm having another orgasm ? Or haven't finished the first one ?

Leg spasms [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 62 year old female and in very good health except for this one problem that no one understands. I have been having leg spasms for over 10 years now, not cramps, but leg spasms. When this happens, I cannot move at all and the pain just consumes me. I take Quinne Sulfate for the past 4...

Muscle Spasms in leg [ 8 Answers ]

I am 66yrs. Old and relatively healthy. I started having muscle spasms in my left leg for no apparent reason. My MD gave me a muscle relaxant which helped the problem but they made me very sleepy. They stopped but have come back. They are very painful and I can hardly walk. Any advice as to...

Numbness in right leg [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there can anybody help me?. Over the last 6 months I have had like a numb tingling type of sensatiom in my right thigh at he front and side of my thigh to just above the knee... I have mentioned this on several occasions to my gp but I don't get any explanations as to what this could be... Does...

View more questions Search