Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paranoid_com Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Very worried.what shall I do?
    HELP ME
    I like this lad a lot, like LOADS and LOADS
    I discovered before (as he is ill) that when he was younger he had hepatitis, he said something about it reoccuring when he gets ill or because of it it makes him more ill? He didn't say which one or anything and obviously as we are not together... yet I don't really want to dig at information that is not really my business yet. I don't want to sound shallow, as obviously I would never sack a guy off because he had hepatitis when he was younger, but what are the complications? Can I catch anything? If I was to have a vaccine would it solve everythin? I think I'm just going to be left spending my life worrying or whatever? Can it effect you for life? Is it a disease which can reoccur? Please help you can see how worried I am, as I really like him! :confused: may I also just add that I don't want to ask him loads of questions as I don't want to sound shallow, as if well I did like him, but know I'm not sure, if that makes sense? I feel really down about it!
    Ulysses Posts: 47, Reputation: 9

Feb 5, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Hi paranoid_com!
    Basically, hepatitis is a chronic disease (virus) that affects liver. It has 3+ types (A, B, C, and a less common E, G). If it were type A than there is not much to worry about.
    Types B and C are most serious and potentially lead to cirrhosis if not given due treatment (in the long term depending on the life style - i.e. alcohol, smoking, diet). One can't get rid of the virus forever once it's in the system, alas there is no cure so far. Current medicines (combined interferon alfa + ribavirin) produce good response in 50-70% of cases - i.e. this therapy will stop the virus from proliferating and lower it down in the system.
    The virus is mainly transferred via blood, sexual transmission is about 5% possible, although there are exceptions. You can still have healthy children from an ill person.
    More info may be found there Hepatitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worried... [ 14 Answers ]

I have been really stressed out lately and I am findind myself unable to go to bed until the early hours of the morning (even thiugh I am tired) and I am not able to eat properly either. At times I feel sick (but never am sick). Yesterday I went to work (on an empty stomach) as I just wasn't...

Worried. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Am a guy of 22 and at ma age I don't have a beard and there are no sign it would *** out in the next year,it worries me to c people below ma age wit beard and wit this I look younga than them,is there anytin I can do or use? I look a bit younga than ma age and very soon I'll be graduating...

Should I be worried [ 6 Answers ]

My Question I'm A 41 Year Old Female I Came On My Cycle June 28 And I Went Off July 3 From July 5 Until Now I Been Spotting And Little Heavy . This Never Happen And I'm A Lil Scared Is It Normal.:(

Worried... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I am new here and needing a little help.I am 21 years old and have not had my period for 6 months,I stupidly waited until now and went to see a doctor.He ask me a few question and then gave me hormone pills(3 months).I have just started taking them.I am worried about the side effects of the...

I'm worried! [ 14 Answers ]

My dog is to skinny... I have German Shep she's about 14yrs latly she's been having problems walking up & down the stairs... and when I take her for a walk she falls behind.. wobbly when she walks.. and today she only ate one bowl of food... Can anyone tell me what's going on?

View more questions Search