Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandimarie86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Laptop keyboard issues
    Does anyone know what I need to do to fix my mac laptop keyboard? There are a few keys that when I use them, they work, but others work at the same time.

When I hit:
    Previous, dashboard opens
    7, 4 comes before
    U, are comes before
    J, f comes before
    M, v comes after

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
    If it is under warranty, you will want to take it into an Apple certified repair place. Do not attempt to fix it yourself as doing so can void the warranty.

If it is outside of warranty, you can contact Apple to see how much it might cost to fix, or if this is a known issue that they are covering outside of warranty.

If you have no luck, then let us know some more information. Does this happen in all programs? Can you connect a USB keyboard and do you experience the same thing?

It sounds like there is something physically going on with the keyboard, but it is difficult to tell for certain without examining the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop keyboard issues [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HP dv6 laptop that all of a sudden started having keyboard issues. For some reason its only the bottom row of keys giving problems. Here the sequence of problems. z- triggers the caplock key & same in reverse x- working normally c- brings up the help/support menu(very odd), but works...

Laptop keyboard [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard types gibberish on its own when I start typing. For example this is what it produces: I am testing the com]j,gepu]j,gete]j,ger for th]j,gee gesq.probem. I am tryin]j,gg to ]j,gesee w,here the problem li]j,gees I am so frustrated as I do transcription for a living and it...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

View more questions Search