Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennybryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 03:36 AM
    Causes of lower abdominal pain and breast pain?
    Hello,
    I'm 30 and was sterilized 6yrs ago, for the past 2yrs I've been having lower abdominal pain, sharp shooting pains that make me reel up, a dull ache that goes all the way round my lower back and stabbing burning pains in my right breast with slightly swollen breast tissue, which is made worse with my menstrual cycle. The abdominal pain is very similar to when I had an ovarian cyst 6-7yrs ago, so my GP sent me for a scan 2 days ago but revealed nothing and the lining of my womb looks normal too. The hospital said I had endometriosis but a laperoscapy when I was sterilized showed nothing. I'm now very confused as to what could b going on. I had right side lung surgery in June and am on a low dose of oxycodone and 900mg gabapentin (nerve blockers) which seem to have ecsasibated my symptoms recently. I'm so tired all the time and I struggle to eat as I always feel sick, confused and forgetful. I'm back to see my GP next week but could you please give me some advise?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 2, 2011, 03:47 AM
    This should not be under Pregnancy, but it doesn't matter that much, because it's too complicated to give an advice other than comfort and to say keep asking your doctors. Lung surgery (or any invasive surgery) isn't something to gloss over in one sentence. You don't even say what it was for or if you smoked or still do. Also, some people have unusual reactions to medications, so you need to ask about that, especially as it relates to fatigue and not feeling hungry. And third, assuming you had the cyst removed, you could have formed scar tissue (some people scar more than others) that is pressing on nerves. The trouble with removing scar tissue is that more scar tissue forms with each surgery.

If you were told you have endometriosis, why are you thinking you don't? It could have started in the 6 years since the laparoscopy, or am I reading this wrong?

Anyway, my sympathies for the pain and concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abdominal pain along with breast pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I been having lower abdominal pain along with breast pain. It has been a week and I also missed my menstrual. I am just not ready to take the test because I am always late so taking my time and trying to figure out what is really happening with my body. I been having lot of...

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

Lower right abdominal pain [ 1 Answers ]

I work up this morning with sharp pains in my right side lower area. Then it went away and hurt again after I ate breakfast... then I felt really sick to my stomach and hurt and my lower right side of my back. Throughout the day on and off it really hurt.. when I ate dinner again the pain got...

Lower Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months. Last month my husband and I had sex the day before and day of ovulation. The following few weeks I was feeling really nauseous and was sure that I was pregnant, however, I got my period exactly on day 29 as usual. I still did not...

View more questions Search