Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keloni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
    I have a study problem involving research, its variables and other criteria.
    Gerontologists interested in the effects of age on reaction time have two groups of participants take a test in which they must indicate as quickly as possible whether a probe word is a member of a previous set of words. One group of participants is between the ages of 25 and 45, whereas the other group is between the ages of 55 and 75. The time it takes to make the response is measured. In this study:

A. What is the independent variable?
    B. What is the dependent variable?
    C. Identify the control and experimental groups.
    D. Is the independent variable manipulated, or is it a participant variable?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 11:45 PM
    Do you know the characteristics of an independent variable and those of a dependent variable?

Do you know how a control works and what is its purpose?

If you can answer those, you should answer your question properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do you do in a high-low problem when the cost variables are the same? [ 1 Answers ]

What do you do when you are trying to do the high-low method and the cost variables are the same? For example: if you highest and lowest variables are 250-units at $18000 and 120-units at $18000. How would you find the varible and fixed cost?

Problem solving involving linear function [ 1 Answers ]

The cost of food for a school party is partly constant and partly depends on the number of students. For 95 students ,the cost 5,652.50 ,and for 44 students ,it is 3,272.50. Find the cost for 48 students .express the cost of food as a function of the number of students.

Project research on seafarer development in nigeria(marine engineering a case study) [ 0 Answers ]

1.introductory background to study, 2.aim/purpose of study 3.statement of problems 4.hypothesis 5.scope of study 6.limitation of study 7.significance of study 8.operational definition of terms

World problems involving systems of equations with three variables [ 1 Answers ]

I got this problem for school and I don't really know where to start... :-( Suppose you are setting up for a small business and have invested $5000 to produce an item that will sell for $9. If each uniet can be produced for $7, how many units must you sell to break even?

World problems involving systems of equations with three variables [ 1 Answers ]

so I got this problem for school and I'm working on it but I think I set it up wrong.. In Super Bowl I, on January 15, 1967, the Green Bay Packers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 35 to 10. The total points scored came from 13 different scoring plays, which were a combination of...

View more questions Search